• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
Sign in to follow this  
avanda32

Migration of CMS Impacts on SEO

Hello , 

My client want to host its site to squarespace CMS, his site is about IPL(India Premier League) 2020  Which going to held on 2020 currently his site is in wordpress . Does it effects its seo if he does?

Does Both have same permalinks Structure?

Edited by avanda32

Switching CMS systems will impact your SEO a bit. The reason is that Google sees the changes to your site and works to reindex and re-understand the website. It's like a shock to the system.

The number that floats around is to expect a 15% drop in traffic on your site for 4 to 6 weeks. I've seen a lot less than that over my time, more in the realm of 5%. However, the more things you can keep exactly the same from the old site to the new one, the better. Keep the exact same URLs, same content, same page titles, meta descriptions, image ALT etc and you will minimize the drop. 

Bear in mind that a site redesign is a good time to also correct any SEO architecture issues you might have which will be better over the long term. So I'd recommend doing it the right way, work through the short drop period and then you'll be in better shape long-term.

Hope it goes well!

Hi Avanda, according to my experience which i have done for 4 websites like my clients required to migrate their CMS, so before the process i thoroughly checked their website current standings in Search Results. After the migration, Yes, there was a bit drop in their ranking but that is recoverable and not a big issue. You can resubmit the sitemap to Google with the previous structure and slowly the ranking will be back. I am an SEO expert and I have done this process for my personal website https://www.mortgageexpertsonline.co.uk/ as well.