Changing default text

Squarespace Commerce is new to me, and I really want to make it work, but the default English language on the product page and chart is a deal-breaker. Consumer service confirmed there is currently no way of changing this through settings or site style, but suggested there might be a way with custom CSS.

I have trouble changing the name of "chart" (top right when still bowling products), as well as the word "select" in the dropdown menu on complex product variants. Is there anyone here with more experience that could help me figure out these customizations?

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you ask a question @NatB, the community need you to provide some basic information about your site. This helps us to see the issue first-hand, and it allows us to see the template and Squarespace version you are using. Without this information, your question is likely to go unanswered.

What is the website URL?

If the site isn't live, what is the site password? We need you to set one if the site isn't live to the public. 

Which page(s) does your question refer to?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

@paul2009 thanks for the tips. 

I am using the Pacific template, and my problems concern the commerce pages (products and chart). More specifically: the drop-down menu for product variants, and the "chart" button in the top-right corner that appears when a product is put in chart and costumer continues shopping. 

www.dystergaard.no/butikk

OK, I understand now that I see your Norwegian site.

You can usually change the 'Cart' title but when a customer leaves the cart they will be taken to an English language checkout. Is this not a larger concern?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived