Bedford slideshow banner heading text size changing, not consistent from slide to slide

Site URL: https://seadragon-pear-6ndb.squarespace.com/

I am using the slideshow in my homepage banner at https://seadragon-pear-6ndb.squarespace.com/ password: op1. I added the following CSS to adjust the placement of the text block with the goal of keeping the text from overlapping the faces in the photo when in desktop and tablet views. I am a novice at CSS, so all of this is experimenting with things I've found in various articles. 

.meta .meta-description p {
  text-align: left;
  vertical-align: top;
  max-width: 600px;
  padding-right: 30%;
}

@media screen and (max-width: 1024px){
.meta .meta-description p {
}
 }

@media screen and (max-width: 420px){
  width: 100% !important;
}

Now, for some reason, the heading size has become inconsistent from slide to slide. You'll see screenshots of the correct view (the bigger green text) and the incorrect view (the tiny green text). Any advice on how to make it stay the same from slide to slide? That heading text size is currently set at 60px, but obviously that isn't staying the same across the board. 

Thanks so much in advance!!!

Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 10.11.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 10.12.04 PM.png

• Replies 7
  • Views 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/31/2020 at 9:57 PM, tuanphan said:

Have you fixed first question yet?

Hey @tuanphan, I haven't figured out a solution yet. The text size is still switching size when the slide changes. Only one of the three slides shows the large text (the correct size) and the others shrink it down very small. 😞 Definitely could use some expertise! I'm a novice and not sure what else to search for to try.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2020 at 9:19 PM, allegrocreative said:

Hey @tuanphan, I haven't figured out a solution yet. The text size is still switching size when the slide changes. Only one of the three slides shows the large text (the correct size) and the others shrink it down very small. 😞 Definitely could use some expertise! I'm a novice and not sure what else to search for to try.

Still looking for a solution if anyone out there has some insight. TIA!

On 2/12/2020 at 10:51 PM, allegrocreative said:

Still looking for a solution if anyone out there has some insight. TIA!

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

@media screen and (min-width:901px) {
.meta-description p strong {
    font-size: 60px !important;
}
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

@tuanphan Thanks! That didn't seem to make any difference. When I flip to developer mode in Chrome I can see this piece of CSS (below in green) that I think might be behind it, but I'm not sure how to override it. Any ideas? 

<strong data-shrink-original-size="46" style="letter-spacing: 0.0217391em; font-size: 11px;">YOU BECAME ONE OF US.</strong>

9 minutes ago, allegrocreative said:

@tuanphan Thanks! That didn't seem to make any difference. When I flip to developer mode in Chrome I can see this piece of CSS (below in green) that I think might be behind it, but I'm not sure how to override it. Any ideas? 

<strong data-shrink-original-size="46" style="letter-spacing: 0.0217391em; font-size: 11px;">YOU BECAME ONE OF US.</strong>

I think I spoke to soon. It looks like it's working properly at the moment. THANKS!

Archived