Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
thinkepic

How can I hide the date on blog posts?

Question

Can you provide me with some code that I can inject into individual blogs so that it removes the date on individual posts in that blog?

Would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Testing2134
retag

15 answers to this question

<style>
   .post-meta { visibility: hidden }
</style>

Edited by silvabokis

Please hit LIKE to share your appreciation of posts that are helpful or useful. 

The like button is somewhere over thereover-there.jpg

Of course, Likes don't pay the bills.. If you're looking for a Squarespace Developer you can hire me here

Always be sure to remove any code you add that does not work.

To add this snippet of custom CSS to your site, just click the CSS button inside the Style Editor and paste the code below:

.display-icons-in-post-footer .entry-date {
 display: none;
}

That should do the trick.

To hide the date only in one specific blog, preface this code with the unique collection id class found on the BODY tag. In your case, this class is collection-51bbee6be4b0405092e5f752 – so the snippet would look like this:

[code].collection-51bbee6be4b0405092e5f752.display-icons-in-post-footer .entry-date {  display: none;}
Edited by eanderson

Template Developer at Squarespace, @esquareda on Twitter.

Great thanks very much. I've got several blogs on the site and I want to show the dates on all of the blogs but one. Will this stop the dates on all blogs? Is there a way to just stop dates on one blog?

Thanks very much!

I'm wondering the same thing - would love to have the dates show on my main blog - but the section{s} that I'm running as a directory - I want to have the dates hidden. Right now I have the dates hidden on all pages which isn't my ideal choice.

@eanderson I tried the code you supplied above on this page -> www.weatherbrand.com/darkchamberindex Im not seeing any results.

any suggestions. Im sure I have the correct collection id but maybe I'm wrong. Thanks for your help.

If you use right-click and inspect the element (the date on the blog post) it will reveal a class. In my template it is the following:

<time class="published" datetime="2015-02-13" id="yui_3_17_2_2_1423862213264_2970">February 13, 2015</time>

The class of the date element is published. I can then open up the Custom CSS Editor and enter the CSS below and quickly get rid of the date. As you can see the class is referred to with a dot “.”

.published { display: none }

Edited by rlr297

This worked to hide the date on my blog summary page (Thanks!), but the date still shows up on each blog post associated with that particular blog. What do I add to to hide those?

Edited by caitlin
Initial Revision

On 6/17/2013 at 9:05 PM, eanderson said:

Always be sure to remove any code you add that does not work.

To add this snippet of custom CSS to your site, just click the CSS button inside the Style Editor and paste the code below:

.display-icons-in-post-footer .entry-date {
 display: none;
}

That should do the trick.

To hide the date only in one specific blog, preface this code with the unique collection id class found on the BODY tag. In your case, this class is collection-51bbee6be4b0405092e5f752 – so the snippet would look like this:

[code].collection-51bbee6be4b0405092e5f752.display-icons-in-post-footer .entry-date {  display: none;}

Hi. I am trying to do exactly the same thing with a site I am creating. Where do I find the collection id class for my blog. The site is https://heseltinegallery.squarespace.com (pw: michael) and the blog page I want the dates not to show on is Meet the Committee. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Lynne