Limiting discount to ONE ITEM not one order??

Site URL: https://www.lodestonetrainingandconsulting.com

Is there a way to limit discounts so that they are applied only once in an order, even if there are two eligible items? We give a free seminar code to certain students, so the discount is connected to any products in the Seminar category. If our customer uses the code and has more than one seminar in the order, the discount is applied to all Seminars in their order instead of just one.

I have tried using a 100% off discount, as well as an Amount Off discount (in the amount of one seat in a Seminar). Setting the Discount for a single product doesn't help because if they purchase more than one seat in the same Seminar, the discount is taken off both seats. I also limit it to one use, but i guess that applies to one order, not one item?

Any help, or a viable work-around would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by babazon
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey @Jeremyn you can achieve this by setting up a discount in the commerce panel and applying it to a specific product or category 

SquareRefresh, premium plugins & templates that have an elevated feel.

Plugins: Have your site stand out. 
Templates: Our templates are designed with versatility in mind.
Get Freebies: Sometimes things in life are free. Browser our hand selected free plugins.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Has anyone been able to solve this?

I want to give customers a free item download of their choice as part of a promotion I'm running.

Unfortunately with the work around above, I give customers the equivalent cost to one of my pdf download  items ($9.69)

However, if they want to use it for a slightly cheaper item ($7.69) they can't because you can't use a discount that's more than the price of the item...

So I would prefer to use a 100% off ONE of these selected items if I could...