Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
siweisong

Minimum order subtotal for checkout / set shopping cart limitation with a warning message

Question

Hi, can anyone help me with this? I looked all over and couldn't find plugins or codes that would solve this problem. I just want to set a minimum subtotal of $10 in the cart for checkout, so you can checkout if you have a subtotal of less than $10. Thank you!

Edited by siweisong

8 answers to this question

You cannot enforce minimum order values or quantities on Squarespace. 

Edited by paul2009

World-class Squarespace Developer and Squarespace Circle Leader with a strong reputation on the Squarespace Forum.
I'm trusted by hundreds of Squarespace users worldwide, including designers, freelancers, business owners and big agencies.

I can tackle anything from small tweaks to full websites and I'm available for short and long bookings (min. 1 hour).
Book via my website giving as much notice as possible. Note that I'm currently booked until the end of May 2020.
Prebuilt Squarespace Extensions for Squarespace 7.0 and 7.1: Enquiry Form ExtensionDate Picker Extension and Age Verification Extension 
Custom Squarespace Extensions: Tell me about the functionality you need

**NEW** Our popular Wishlist extension is now Squarespace 7.1 compatible.

4 hours ago, paul2009 said:

You cannot enforce minimum order quantities on Squarespace. 

Not quantities, I meant the order subtotal.

You cannot set minimum order values reliably.
To be clear, you could add code to the cart to set a minimum cart subtotal but, whatever you do, when customers go to the checkout, they can remove items and reduce the value of their order below the minimum you have set. You cannot set a minimum value in the checkout because it is locked down. Code cannot be added to it.

World-class Squarespace Developer and Squarespace Circle Leader with a strong reputation on the Squarespace Forum.
I'm trusted by hundreds of Squarespace users worldwide, including designers, freelancers, business owners and big agencies.

I can tackle anything from small tweaks to full websites and I'm available for short and long bookings (min. 1 hour).
Book via my website giving as much notice as possible. Note that I'm currently booked until the end of May 2020.
Prebuilt Squarespace Extensions for Squarespace 7.0 and 7.1: Enquiry Form ExtensionDate Picker Extension and Age Verification Extension 

On 1/29/2020 at 3:12 AM, paul2009 said:

You cannot set minimum order values reliably.
To be clear, you could add code to the cart to set a minimum cart subtotal but, whatever you do, when customers go to the checkout, they can remove items and reduce the value of their order below the minimum you have set. You cannot set a minimum value in the checkout because it is locked down. Code cannot be added to it.

Ok, so is it possible to display custom message next to the subtotal number in cart when the number is less than 10? Can you help me with this?

<input type="number"  name="qty" id="qty" 
value="<?...

On 1/31/2020 at 3:52 AM, siweisong said:

Ok, so is it possible to display custom message next to the subtotal number in cart

Yes indeed, that's possible. It's just frustrating that they will be able to remove them again at the checkout.

I really wish Squarespace would listen to the feedback, and prevent users from editing the 'Order Summary' portion of the checkout.

On 3/21/2020 at 8:02 PM, paul2009 said:

Yes indeed, that's possible. It's just frustrating that they will be able to remove them again at the checkout.

I really wish Squarespace would listen to the feedback, and prevent users from editing the 'Order Summary' portion of the checkout.

What was the fix here, I need anything that is close to a solution....??

Thanks in advance

Posted (edited)

I have created a plugin that prevents users from leaving the cart and checking out unless they have met a certain total.

As Paul mentioned, there is no way to prevent people from changing the order total on the checkout page itself, but this represents the best way out there to prevent people from getting to the checkout page unless they have a certain total in their cart.

https://schwartz-edmisten.com/shop/squarespace-minimum-cart-subtotal-for-checkout

Edited by ChrisSE
updated link