Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

7.1 portfolio mobile overlay text doesnt show on scroll or hover

nbn

Question

portfolio 7.1 site mobile view on portfolio page hover overlay text does not appear whatsoever - I really need this text  title to display on touch screens mobiles upon scrolling or selecting -how may i fix this?

please take a peek at the portfolio page on any mobile view  www.nadinenorman.com/artwork

sincere thks to anybody who may be of help - nadine

Edited by nbn
  • Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

portfolio 7.1 site mobile view on portfolio page hover overlay text does not appear whatsoever - I really need this text  title to display on touch screens mobiles upon scrolling or selecting -how may

I ran into this frustrating roadblock today. As this post was one of the first search results I found I'm posting my solution here. /*Portfolio Overlay Grid*/ .portfolio-text:hover { opacity: 1

9 answers to this question

hi tuanphan - i want the overlay text to appear on mobile touch  screen as we scroll down or touch - in the same way it does this with hover on a computer screen 

Edited by nbn

I ran into this frustrating roadblock today. As this post was one of the first search results I found I'm posting my solution here.

/*Portfolio Overlay Grid*/
.portfolio-text:hover {
  opacity: 1 !important;
  background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7);
}

This has worked for me to get the hover overlay effect on mobile and tablets. The background overly is 70% white, you can edit as you like.
I've ended up setting this from desktop screen size down to make sure it also works on iPad Pro's (I don't have one to check).

I hope this is helpful for someone. 

Really disappointed that Squarespace doesn't have this sorted yet.