Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

View Event button missing

In version 7.0, when viewing an Events page, I could enable a  "View Event" button for each event via design styles.   I can't see how to enable that same button in version 7.1, is it available somehow?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am finding that the button is missing on all upcoming events, but does display on past events.

In either case, I can't find an option to toggle button visibility, which would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...

In either case, I can't find an option to toggle button visibility, which would be nice.

Agreed. I’m trying to turn it off for past events.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have the same problem too. There isn't obvious hint of where to click on active events; There should be either a "view event" button or an underline on the title. 

Anyone find a solution for this? Having the same issue, the past events display a View Events button, but active events do not. I prefer if they both have the button (or at the least, that they both don't). It seems inconsistent. For now I'm adding manually, but... why? lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2020 at 12:10 PM, Yari said:

Anyone find a solution for this? Having the same issue, the past events display a View Events button, but active events do not. I prefer if they both have the button (or at the least, that they both don't). It seems inconsistent. For now I'm adding manually, but... why? lol

Yari, how do you do that? I have the same problem - it's quite annoying as it's not obvious for visitors to click on the title. Also I can't see how to add a manual button on the events page?

On 7/15/2020 at 12:50 AM, Trina68 said:

Yari, how do you do that? I have the same problem - it's quite annoying as it's not obvious for visitors to click on the title. Also I can't see how to add a manual button on the events page?

Hi @Trina68, I literally add a text link or a button block in the excerpt of the event (assuming you have the option of an excerpt showing). That way the link/button will direct the user to the event single page. I had to use code to hide the View Events button from past events:

<style>
  .eventlist-button { display: none !important; visibility: hidden !important;
</style>

The code above is what I used and I think is pretty universal for Squarespace 7.1 but I've only used it once so far so I can't guarantee it 😉 At the very least it can serve as a starting point. Hope that helps.

• 1 month later...
On 1/26/2020 at 9:19 AM, GeorgeCrane said:

In version 7.0, when viewing an Events page, I could enable a  "View Event" button for each event via design styles.   I can't see how to enable that same button in version 7.1, is it available somehow?

Hi, did you end up finding out how to do this? I'm having the same issue. Thanks

I am also having this issue. Users really can't tell that they have to click the event title for more info... I want to put a custom css for "view event" for summary blocks for events in list format. 

On 9/16/2020 at 8:44 AM, WebHelper said:

I am also having this issue. Users really can't tell that they have to click the event title for more info... I want to put a custom css for "view event" for summary blocks for events in list format. 

Have you solved it yet?

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan, work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. 

• 3 weeks later...

This may not work in all cases, but it seems to work for me in a 7.1 events summary list pages.  Add the following code on the summary list page.   It will add a "Read More ->" link following the excerpt.   Please add improvements or corrections.  -George

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.9.1.min.js"></script>
<script>
$( document ).ready(function() {
    $('.summary-item-list .summary-item')
        .each(function() {
            var href = $(this)
                .find('.summary-content .summary-title a').attr('href');
            var read = '<!-- Read More Link -->' +
                '<a href="' + href +
                '" class="summary-read-more-link">Read More &#8594;</a>';
            $(this).find('.summary-excerpt').after(read);
    })
});