Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

View Event button missing


Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone find a solution for this? Having the same issue, the past events display a View Events button, but active events do not. I prefer if they both have the button (or at the least, that they both don't). It seems inconsistent. For now I'm adding manually, but... why? lol

Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2020 at 12:10 PM, Yari said:

Anyone find a solution for this? Having the same issue, the past events display a View Events button, but active events do not. I prefer if they both have the button (or at the least, that they both don't). It seems inconsistent. For now I'm adding manually, but... why? lol

Yari, how do you do that? I have the same problem - it's quite annoying as it's not obvious for visitors to click on the title. Also I can't see how to add a manual button on the events page?

Link to comment
On 7/15/2020 at 12:50 AM, Trina68 said:

Yari, how do you do that? I have the same problem - it's quite annoying as it's not obvious for visitors to click on the title. Also I can't see how to add a manual button on the events page?

Hi @Trina68, I literally add a text link or a button block in the excerpt of the event (assuming you have the option of an excerpt showing). That way the link/button will direct the user to the event single page. I had to use code to hide the View Events button from past events:

<style>
  .eventlist-button { display: none !important; visibility: hidden !important;
</style>

The code above is what I used and I think is pretty universal for Squarespace 7.1 but I've only used it once so far so I can't guarantee it 😉 At the very least it can serve as a starting point. Hope that helps.

Link to comment
  • 1 month later...
On 1/26/2020 at 9:19 AM, GeorgeCrane said:

In version 7.0, when viewing an Events page, I could enable a  "View Event" button for each event via design styles.   I can't see how to enable that same button in version 7.1, is it available somehow?

Hi, did you end up finding out how to do this? I'm having the same issue. Thanks

Link to comment
On 9/16/2020 at 8:44 AM, WebHelper said:

I am also having this issue. Users really can't tell that they have to click the event title for more info... I want to put a custom css for "view event" for summary blocks for events in list format. 

Have you solved it yet?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Open Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID, Data Section ID - Contact Squarespace Customer Care - Learn CSS at W3Schools

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...

This may not work in all cases, but it seems to work for me in a 7.1 events summary list pages.  Add the following code on the summary list page.   It will add a "Read More ->" link following the excerpt.   Please add improvements or corrections.  -George

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.9.1.min.js"></script>
<script>
$( document ).ready(function() {
    $('.summary-item-list .summary-item')
        .each(function() {
            var href = $(this)
                .find('.summary-content .summary-title a').attr('href');
            var read = '<!-- Read More Link -->' +
                '<a href="' + href +
                '" class="summary-read-more-link">Read More &#8594;</a>';
            $(this).find('.summary-excerpt').after(read);
    })
});
 </script>
<style>
.sqs-block-summary-v2 .summary-read-more-link {
   display: block;
  }
</style>

Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2020 at 9:25 AM, GeorgeCrane said:

This may not work in all cases, but it seems to work for me in a 7.1 events summary list pages.  Add the following code on the summary list page.   It will add a "Read More ->" link following the excerpt.   Please add improvements or corrections.  -George

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.9.1.min.js"></script>
<script>
$( document ).ready(function() {
    $('.summary-item-list .summary-item')
        .each(function() {
            var href = $(this)
                .find('.summary-content .summary-title a').attr('href');
            var read = '<!-- Read More Link -->' +
                '<a href="' + href +
                '" class="summary-read-more-link">Read More &#8594;</a>';
            $(this).find('.summary-excerpt').after(read);
    })
});
 </script>
<style>
.sqs-block-summary-v2 .summary-read-more-link {
   display: block;
  }
</style>

GeorgeCrane, do you add this in the Page Header Code Injection for the Events page itself? Or do you add it in Custom CSS for the whole site?

Link to comment
  • 2 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment


×
×
  • Create New...