Adding variants - simple question

Hello, very simple.

I need to sell a box at 30 USD containing 4 micro plants. I need the give customers the possibility to choose the variety and # of that variety of the selected plants they want in the box.

So imagine, Customer A wants 2 onions and 2 carrots & Customer B wants  1 onion, 1 carrot, 2 zucchini. How can I set up this?

Beware, no more than 4 plants can be added by the customer, considering he is paying the total price for 4 plants.

Thanks for helping!

Gianluca

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not an expert, but you may try under the form tab in the edit product box.  I have added a form to collect more information and they can choose from a variety of options.  I am not sure if when you create the form if you can allow the customer to choose more than one option though, so you would have to play with it and see how detailed the feature allows.  At the very least you could add a text field and they can type in what they want.  Once they hit add to cart a form pops up for them to fill in.

I hope maybe this helps you.

I use the form technique too.  For example, we sell candles, and in one size, we sell 2 for $6. But then they need to choose which variety of candles they want. I just made a form with an Option 1 drop-down list, an Option 2 drop-down list...and i make them required. It pops up when they hit the Add to cart button. Then it prints on the invoice.  I do also include a text box that they could type in additional information or requests

Archived