User logins for secure content pages

My client is looking at hosting support documents on his site and needs to be able to control which clients (US and CANADA members) see what support content documents such as wholesale pricing, logos, high res product photos, etc. Ideally this would be tied back and profiled to customer/client logins.

Looking for suggestions on what to use to achieve this and if there is a way i can implement directly in Squarespace vs. using a plugin or 3rd party service.

• Replies 3
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am hoping for a similar solution. I'm designing our HOA website and want to have one portion of the site accessible only by community residents. Ideally, I'd like a log in page where they can sign in, create their own password, and have access to the resident directory, meeting minutes, etc.

Additionally, one time a year, residents will pay dues. It would be great if they could do that within this secure area and have a record of their payment.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, LJCarter said:

Did anyone find a solution for this by chance?

It depends what you are asking for, so it may be worth providing a few more details. If you are referring to the thread's title, "User logins for secure content pages", there isn't a way to securely protect Squarespace content, other than via a site-wide password or a page specific password. Code cannot change this, because no-one except Squarespace's own engineers have access to the backend code.

You can add some very basic privacy protection for Squarespace content by purchasing a third party service like Memberspace, but remember that it is just basic protection. Squarespace content isn't 'secured' so it isn't suitable for commercially, financially or medically sensitive information.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived