Product carousel arrows get lost on mobile

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey @xavier-cusso.

On a desktop, the arrows are the visual cue to let users know that they can click the image to advance the carousel, but that doesn't work on mobile.

On mobile devices, the carousel becomes swipeable; it cannot be tapped to advance it. In the circumstances the arrows could make for a bad user experience by suggesting an action that doesn't work.

That said, if anyone at Squarespace is listening, I'd personally like to see a stronger visual cue on mobile devices, to indicate this is a carousel. Perhaps some dots or dashes along the bottom of the image, or the hint of the other images at the sides.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 month later...

I am having the exact same problem, it basically renders my webshop useless on mobile. An integrated shop & automatic responsive design were the key reasons I chose Squarespace, but seems like with 7.1 my timing might have been poor. Disappointing! Squarespace folks, please, give us some control back over this display in 7.1!

• 8 months later...

Hi! I found this answer from @tuanphan and it seems to have given me arrows back to the mobile version, super frustrated here too!

/* Product slide arrows control */
@media screen and (max-width:767px) {
.ProductItem-gallery-carousel-controls {
    display: flex !important;
}
/* arrows background */
.ProductItem-gallery-carousel-controls * {
    background: white;
}
.ProductItem-gallery-carousel-controls>div {
    justify-content: center !important;
}

https://forum.squarespace.com/topic/157637-product-carousel-slideshow-ui-and-navigation-arrows-missing-on-mobile-in-71/

Archived