How to change position & size of text block in Bedford banner slideshow

I'd like to customize the width/size and positioning of the text area that overlays on top of the slideshow banner of this site so it doesn't overlap on the headshot. In the attached screenshot, I've drawn a yellow box to show where I'd like to move the text. I'd like it to go to the left and be a bit shorter in length so the sentences aren't as long. I'm very much a novice at CSS and have tried a few things that I've found in the forums, but I have not found anything that seems to work for me. Any suggestions? I'm using the Bedford template.

Password: op1

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 10.11.03 PM.png

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, tuanphan said:

I don't text in screenshot in your site? your site text small, screenshot is very big...

I guess I'm confused about what you're asking. I want to make the container for the text shorter in width and decrease the padding on the left. The text size itself is fine. It's just the positioning I'm trying to tweak. I might try a different template instead. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/29/2020 at 3:24 PM, allegrocreative said:

OK, not sure I really want to switch templates. Any ideas? @tuanphan or anyone else out there? Any help is super appreciated!

What was your solution. Im trying to simply left justify the text on my banner header slides and adjust the position. Everything is centered, Im trying to change.

• 3 months later...

I just used this code on my Bedford site and it aligns the banner text nicely to the left. Go to Design, then Custom Css and copy and paste this code there.

.desc-wrapper {
   margin: 0 !important;
   text-align: left!important;
}

Archived