Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
SacredEcology

How do you add text pagination to blog section in 7.1?

Question

Does anyone know how to add text (ie: "next" and "previous") and page numbers to the pagination of the blog section, using CSS on v7.1?  Otherwise the small arrows are barely noticeable.

Thanks!

Edited by SacredEcology

4 answers to this question

If I've understood you correctly, this will do the trick, play around to your spec of sizes etc:

a.item-pagination-link.item-pagination-link--prev .pagination-title-wrapper:before {
  content: "Previous";
  font-size: 22px;
  display:block;
}
a.item-pagination-link.item-pagination-link--next .pagination-title-wrapper:before {
  content: "Next";
}

Hi 👋 I'm a Squarespace Expert Member, Circle Member & only Squarespace Authorised Trainer in Scotland. 

Hit the little 👍 if I've helped. Need help? Get in touch.

Thanks, Mary!

This worked for me in SS 7.1, once I swapped the "Previous" and "Next" text. It puts the link to the "Next" post on the left and the "Previous" post on the right, which looks backwards to me.

9 hours ago, MaryPhilip_ said:

If I've understood you correctly, this will do the trick, play around to your spec of sizes etc:

a.item-pagination-link.item-pagination-link--prev .pagination-title-wrapper:before {
  content: "Previous";
}
a.item-pagination-link.item-pagination-link--next .pagination-title-wrapper:before {
  content: "Next";
}