Embedding a timeline into a website on the 'Personal' plan

Hi all.

I'm building a website for a non-profit club and in that website, I would like to add a timeline of their history. I have managed to generate a lovely, interactive timeline for them through TimelineJS using Javascript. Obviously in the trial version of the website, I am able to test it out, embedding it with an

<iframe></iframe>

tag. However, for a couple of reasons, the Personal plan is the only one they are going to be able to use, which means although I can add custom code, including HTML and CSS, I am unable to add the TimelineJS timeline to the site, which is a shame. I believe I could create a timeline manually in HTML and CSS alone. It wouldn't be as interactive though, since instead of pop-ups and clickable features, it would basically just be an image that is too large for the screen horizontally, that you have to scroll through. 

My question is, is this the best way to add a 'sort-of' timeline feature to a Personal website? I obviously don't want to damage the site in any way/cause any issues by adding too much custom code. Can anyone suggest a better way of adding some sort of a timeline to a Personal website? I am very much open to suggestions. Thanks!

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 4
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Lizziemoss said:

Hi, I added this to me page but the timeline is restricting the width of the page. The text is slightly smaller and the header is no full width. What can I change in the CSS to fix this?

Thanks

Can you share link to page where you insert timeline code? We can check easier.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Archived