Template for Uncropped Photography Commerce

Hi, I am using Mercer. I cannot change the product thumbnails either in the product gallery or the individual product pages to be full-size, uncropped images at the proper orientation (vertical or horizontal)! I only have options to change aspect ratio but not cropping. The images are being cropped instead of displaying at their full size and either vertical or horizontal. What I am after is this: https://www.kevindjordan.com/buyprints .

Is this only possible on some templates? If so, what templates? I will have to migrate everything over to the new template. This is a must-have feature for me.

• Replies 1
  • Views 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Mercer template is a newer Brine-family template and it uses the 'Advanced Products Page'. This crops product images to fill the image container.

You'll want to use one of the older templates that uses the 'Classic Products Page'. The site that you linked to is a very old discontinued template (Frontrow) that uses the Classic option. The Classic Product Page is currently available in in these Squarespace 7.0 template families:

• Adirondack
  • Avenue
  • Aviator
  • Bedford
  • Five
  • Flatiron
  • Forte
  • Ishimoto
  • Momentum
  • Montauk
  • Native
  • Pacific
  • Wells
  • Wexley

Once you have one of these templates, you'll want to go into the Style Editor and disable the Product Image Auto Crop tweak.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived