Maximum Website Size

I am building a commerce site for a client and they are going to have literally thousands of products when it is all said and done.  I am wondering if and when Squarespace will cut me off because my site is becoming much too large.  I don't want to get too far into it and realize that Squarespace is only going to allow a certain number of products or images.

• Replies 4
  • Views 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Products Pages can hold up to 200 products each. A site can technically have up to 1000 pages but you shouldn't have more than 400 or it will start to slow down. More information can be found in Page Limits.

However, these limitations are unlikely to be the ones that cause a client to want to move off Squarespace. It is usually due to missing features or unnecessary administration. For example, limited built-in support for filtering products, limited sales tax management (one tax rate for everything, manual management of tax rates in each state), limited shipping management (especially outside the US) and single language and currency support.

I'm not trying to put you off, but before you design anything, try adding the most difficult products (a variety of product types with complex variants) and see how you get on. Then try some test orders from a range of addresses with different shipping options (if they are physical products) and see if you experience any issues. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mattdaley said:

Is there any way we can up the limit of products on a page?

You cannot increase the number of products in Squarespace product collections. Performance would suffer as size increased - particularly on the config UI.

If you need products to appear on the same page, you may want to consider a third party solution that can synchronise product collections.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived