Trouble refreshing photos on my shop home page

Hello, I am having trouble editing photos in shop using the photo editor.

After I edit, the edited photo populates  the product page and the shop thumbnail but NOT on the shop home page (with all the other products).

It doesn’t update even when I rearrange the order or delete the original photo.

The first photos that I upload to the listing remains locked on the shop home page and cannot be changed out. 

Thank you for your help.

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there Danielle, 

Thank you for reaching out about this. My name is Kelsey, and I'm here to help. 

When updating product images on Squarespace, you'll want to be sure to update the product thumbnail image (which displays on the product landing page) as well as the individual product images (which display on the product detail page). To update the product thumbnail images, located in the Options tab, for your products, you'll want to follow the steps in this guide: 

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205845358-Changing-a-product-s-thumbnail-image

**EXCERPT FROM SQUARESPACE EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SUPPORT 

• 2 months later...

Despite the steps listed in this solution, I cannot get this to update. The new image shows as saved, but will not update on the products page or on the live version of my site.

How can I get this to refresh and reflect the change?

image.thumb.png.e7cb3966439ca5062ee1abbdd9038a7a.png

28 minutes ago, LEC said:

I cannot get this to update

The thumbnails come from the Options tab of your products, not the Detail page. The image on this tab must be updated separately. Have you checked this tab?

If the tab is correct, I'd suggest contacting Squarespace Customer Support. They can logon to your site to troubleshoot issues.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 months later...

@paul2009   you've just solved the biggest SS problem I've ever encountered!  The wrong product image has been showing up on the pages and I've been at my wits end, ready to jump to Shopify over this problem -- no help from SS support,  no clue from various online forums,   finally found this post and BOOM -- the problem lies in the OPTIONS  thumbnail image!!  What a super pain in the ass, especially when duplicating items,  but now I have the solution and can finally build out the rest of the site.  Client will be very relieved and I'll be able to sleep a little better once this nightmare is over.  Thank you thank you, I'm bookmarking your services for future needs!  

For others who may be searching for this answer, here's a few screenshots showing the problem -- correct images showing in the backend, wrong images showing on the page, happens when duplicating items or when wrong photo is uploaded first -- just delete the thumbnail in OPTIONS and it seems to auto select the first image, as it should be! 

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 10.10.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 10.11.11 PM.png

Archived