• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
jasonconway

Change Author Name in Blogs to Pseudonym

Question

Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to change the Author Name in blog posts for a Pseudonym?

My client has an artists name that they want to use as the author of blog posts, not the name on their account. Is this possible to do?

I know that I can remove the Author name using the Style section but it would be really useful if they could use their artists name of Phat Geezer instead just for blog posts?

Many thanks in advance :0)

2 answers to this question

You can add a Basic author. This is simply a name that can be used, but they don't have any login credentials.

When you've added a Basic author, the name will appear in a drop-down menu on the post. The author can select this name instead.

World-class Squarespace Developer and Squarespace Circle Leader with a strong reputation on the Squarespace Forum.
I'm trusted by hundreds of Squarespace users worldwide, including designers, freelancers, business owners and big agencies.

I can tackle anything from small tweaks to full websites and I'm available for short and long bookings (min. 1 hour).
Book via my website giving as much notice as possible. Note that I'm usually booked 4 - 6 weeks in advance for jobs longer than 2 hours.
Prebuilt Squarespace Extensions
Custom Squarespace Extensions: Tell me about the functionality you need

**NEW** Our popular Date Picker Extension and Age Verification Extension are now Squarespace 7.1 compatible.

On 1/16/2020 at 10:51 AM, paul2009 said:

You can add a Basic author. This is simply a name that can be used, but they don't have any login credentials.

When you've added a Basic author, the name will appear in a drop-down menu on the post. The author can select this name instead.

That's great and thank you!