Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
erbush1988

How can I make a "Pay what you want" price on an item in my shop?

As the title says, I have items which I'd like to offer at no cost BUT if a customer wishes to donate, I'd like them to be able to input a value of which they can pay.

Hello! There is a donation block that is available that you can add to your website! I'll attach a screenshot of the option. I don't know if this will solve your problem, but it is a solution!

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 12.37.47 PM.png

Would love to know about this, too. I haven't seen a way to allow customers to pay whatever they want, not force them to choose from among a pre-determined, limited list of "suggested amounts."

@erbush1988 A common way to achieve this is to provide links to various products at different price points, or several variants of the same product at these different prices. Customers can then add one of these to their cart. For example, the could choose the $0, $10, $20, $50 or $100 variant/product.

@ToastyT There isn't a way to allow them to pay literally "whatever they want" using Squarespace tools. The value must be predetermined. The only way to take payments for any amount is by adding some code to a Squarespace site from a third-party payment provider. Note that this will only allow you to take ad hoc payments; they will not be integrated with Squarespace Commerce in any way. 

World-class Squarespace Developer and Squarespace Circle Leader with a strong reputation on the Squarespace Forum.
I'm trusted by hundreds of Squarespace users worldwide, including designers, freelancers, business owners and big agencies.

I can tackle anything from small tweaks to full websites and I'm available for short and long bookings (min. 1 hour).
Book via my website giving as much notice as possible. Note that I'm usually booked 4 - 6 weeks in advance for jobs longer than 2 hours.
Prebuilt Squarespace Extensions
Custom Squarespace Extensions: Tell me about the functionality you need

**NEW** Our popular Date Picker Extension and Age Verification Extension are now Squarespace 7.1 compatible.