How to make a single section full-bleed (SQSP 7.1)

LINK: https://kazoo-bat-bap7.squarespace.com/people

PASSWORD: 1234

/////////////////////////////////////

Hello,

I am losing my mind trying to create a split layout header design like this:

image.thumb.png.5915749db6ada1f09797be52c6d2527c.png

My strategy was to create a section with a text block and an image block side by side, then to target the specific section and make the content full-bleed through custom CSS removing the padding. The problem is that the div to which the padding is associated has a "yui" id which changes at every page reload, so I do not know which selector to use to make this all happen. I can get the desired effect by removing the side padding from the .content-wrapper class, but that obv applies to the whole page which is not what I am after.....

😞 Help pls, been stuck on this for a while.

image.thumb.png.abcf8e0717a84b8412a28c0d53739d58.png

image.thumb.png.f2a456b3a900232e630a1aaed2af555d.png

• Replies 4
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone for the replies. I eventually gave up n this as the project timeline didn't allow me to keep spending time trying to make it work.

I confess I am astonished by how unusable 7.1 feels.... It's crazy to me that they removed the ability to duplicate a content block within a page, it makes styling of things much more labour intensive. And generally it's really hard to design and build a custom layout that clients can actually manage.... so depressing

• 1 month later...

Archived