Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
karanmadhok

Does Version 7.1 support a Search Bar/Icon for the site's header?

I read that some templates on Squarespace don't support a Search bar/icon for the site's header. I wonder if this is true for Version 7.1 also, which has the same template to support all features. 

I want to add one search icon with a bar to the header of my site, preferably next to the social icons. But I don't see this option available in the header's settings. Can anyone help? 

From everything I've read it looks like the move to 7.1 (and removal of specific templates in favour of design styles) means header search is now gone. Same story with the Sidebar. Both features no longer seem to be supported which is super disappointing. 

The irony is that the Squarespace's own sites use both of these features (header search and sidebar) heavily.

They are great features, please bring them back. 

Also, the search feature can only find blog posts... not text blocks in any section. Since my site is not a blog, it means pretty much ALL of my content does NOT show up in search result. Apparently this is a known bug (according to support), and they are "working on it"... and have been since the launch of 7.1

I find it pretty terrible that they broke the search feature in 7.1 and STILL haven't fixed, let alone that they have launched 7.1 with a broken search feature.