Advanced Search

Line through words

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for your reply Paul. Here is the page I was talking about:  https://www.weddingwonders.ie/wedding-videography-prices all I want is to cross the price. Actually I think I built this pa

You're welcome. I can see that the numbers are just text - they aren't prices in the 'Squarespace' sense of the word because they aren't on a Product Page or in a Product Block. You therefore have two

Once you've formatted the text as italics (using the text formatting toolbar), you can add: /* Replace italics with strikethrough */ em {   text-decoration: line-through;   font-style: normal; }

Posted Images

Thanks tuanphan, do you know if there is another way to achieve this? I only want to cross the price of one item, and unfortunately i can only use css by upgrading package, which will increase the cost of my squarespace package by 50% a year. Just to cross one word, (no good value at all in my case) I'll provably have to reconsider squarespace . 

4 hours ago, jose1570048420 said:

i can only use css by upgrading package

Fortunately, that's not true. The CSS editor is available on all plans, including the personal plan. 

If you had included a working link to the page in your question, one of us could have been more specific about the CSS to use.

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi, I'm Paul, founder of SF Digitalbuilding the features that Squarespace didn't include. Pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect. Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.  Squarespace. I've been a loyal supporter of the platform since 2007. 

10 hours ago, paul2009 said:

Fortunately, that's not true. The CSS editor is available on all plans, including the personal plan. 

If you had included a working link to the page in your question, one of us could have been more specific about the CSS to use.

Thanks for your reply Paul. Here is the page I was talking about:

https://www.weddingwonders.ie/wedding-videography-prices

all I want is to cross the price. Actually I think I built this page based on your help and recommendations on this forum a while ago. Thanks for that too, all your suggestions were really helpful.

Kind regards

Ivan   

You're welcome. I can see that the numbers are just text - they aren't prices in the 'Squarespace' sense of the word because they aren't on a Product Page or in a Product Block. You therefore have two ways to do this. That just means that we need to isolate the numbers in some way.

One way to do this is to add the text that you want to strikethrough, and then format it as italic, using the text toolbar. We can then add some CSS to Design > Custom CSS that will format the italic text as strikethrough instead. Of course, this assume that you aren't using italics elsewhere on the site.

Is this what you want to achieve? 

1712982787_Screenshot2020-01-22at10_13_26.thumb.png.cc46517bea8f209e8d2e166abc87bead.png

Hi, I'm Paul, founder of SF Digitalbuilding the features that Squarespace didn't include. Pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect. Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.  Squarespace. I've been a loyal supporter of the platform since 2007. 

12 hours ago, paul2009 said:

You're welcome. I can see that the numbers are just text - they aren't prices in the 'Squarespace' sense of the word because they aren't on a Product Page or in a Product Block. You therefore have two ways to do this. That just means that we need to isolate the numbers in some way.

One way to do this is to add the text that you want to strikethrough, and then format it as italic, using the text toolbar. We can then add some CSS to Design > Custom CSS that will format the italic text as strikethrough instead. Of course, this assume that you aren't using italics elsewhere on the site.

Is this what you want to achieve? 

1712982787_Screenshot2020-01-22at10_13_26.thumb.png.cc46517bea8f209e8d2e166abc87bead.png

Thanks Paul, Yes, that's exactly it. Targeting the italics is a great idea as I'm not using then anywhere else. Didn't know you can add snippets of css on the design section.

Im adding the line  

{
   text-decoration: line-through ;
}

but i don't know how to target the italics, everything that I've tried so far has not worked for me. 

Regards

Ivan

• 4 weeks later...

Once you've formatted the text as italics (using the text formatting toolbar), you can add:

/* Replace italics with strikethrough */
em {
  text-decoration: line-through;
  font-style: normal;
}

• 1 year later...