Additional Information Field in Donations Form

We have a custom form on our website for donors to give, and the additional information field includes info to which specific fund they want to give. However, when that donation is processed through Stripe, the additional information field is not reported. Thus, for our accountants to have knowledge of which fund the money should go to, they cannot see it in our Stripe reports. Any ideas as to how to get this additional information which is very important reported over to Stripe in all transactions?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Without the additional fields, accounting is nearly impossible for our organization. When we receive a donation online, we enable the donor to choose where the funds are applied. This is the donation type field. Right now, the donation type field is only coming through in disparate email receipts (1 email per donor). We need it in a reportable format... I'm shocked that these fields are not in the donations csv file that Squarespace offers. 

Has anybody found creative ways to solve for this?

• 7 months later...

I have this same problem. We ran a GivingTuesday fundraising campaign and I had two additional questions asked of donors but cannot figure out how to access the donors' answers, other than in the email confirmation I received that a donation was made. Why aren't the answers to these fields included in the .csv file export of donations?

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, LBennett said:

Add my name to the people who find this a giant pain! Please Squarespace-- you collect this info, please allow us to access it in the csv download!!!

You're going to have to create a ticket to customer care about this. They don't read and/or count requests posted here on the forums. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The additional field value is sent over in the confirmation email, I think we have to extract it from there (manually or via coding automation) while waiting for squarespace sort it out in their system

image.png.22efe6ec7fd86616fed6f07976618e39.png

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date format)
💫 Animated Buttons (Referral URL)
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Willdoes said:

I have raised a few tickets and still nothing!

yeah, you will often see people here (including me sometimes) say to create a ticket with customer care about the features you want added -- because that's what SQSP says is the "official" way to make requests. however, they will tell you they don't guarantee your requests will be implemented. to be honest, i think it's all lip service because i've yet to see them really listen to their customers, especially to their existing/paying ones. you'll find many requests dating back YEARS and they've been ignored. i've never come across a more unresponsive company than Squarespace.

Edited by sruss76
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

If it helps, I did find the data can be pull with a resp call.  And actually if you open the DevTool [f12] in the browsers when you click on 'Donations' you will see a URL like this is used:

https://SITENAME.squarespace.com/api/rest/commerce/contributions?offset=0&limit=100

If you browse to it, it will return a JSON payload with all the data.  Change to 'limit=100' to get more records.  The tricky part is now how to parse the JSON data the easiest.  

To add my previous post, here is a quick PowerShell script I wrote to parse the JSON payload and convert it to a CSV (Excel) output.  Very little error checking done.  Just paste in Excel and delimit by the comma.  Hope it works for others.

$payload = 'PASTE ENTIRE JSON PAYLOAD HERE'

$results = ConvertFrom-Json $payload

Write-Output "Date,Donor,Email,Phone,Amount,Currency,DonationType,Label0,Field0,Label1,Field1"
$(ForEach($r in $results.contributions){
    $Date = (Get-Date -Date "01-01-1970") + ([System.TimeSpan]::FromMilliSeconds(($r.submittedOn))) 
    $Donor = $r.donor.name
    $Email = $r.donor.email
    $Phone = $r.donor.phone
    $Amount = $r.amount.decimalValue
    $currency = $r.amount.currencyCode
    $DonationType = $r.donationTitle
    $Label0 = $Value0 = $Label1 = $Value1 = ""
    if($r.formData){
      $Label0 = $r.formData.fields[0].label
      $Value0 = $r.formData.fields[0].value
      $Label1 = $r.formData.fields[1].label
      $Value1 = $r.formData.fields[1].value
    }
    Write-Output "`"$($Date)`",$($Donor),$($Email),$($Phone),$($Amount),$($Currency),$($DonationType),$($Label0),`"$($Value0)`",$($Label1),`"$($Value1)`""
}) 

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...