Moving existing domain and Office 365 email to Squarespace

Hi,

Hoping someone can assist as I am new to Squarespace. I currently have a domain registered with GoDaddy but is currently pointing to a web hosting site (via nameservers), called SiteA, which is a Wordpress site.

Attached to this web hosting site, i.e. SiteA - I have MS Office 365 setup for all the emails against my domain.

I have now redone my site but using Squarespace, using my existing domain, for example: mydoamin.com

My questions are as follows:

1) What is required for me, so that my domain , which is registered with GoDaddy, instead now points to my new Squarespace website and not my existing SiteA website?

2) I assume I need to point the nameservers at GoDaddy, to instead point to Squarespace nameservers/my website - if so, what is required here? Squarespace nameservers?

3) With Office 365 residing within SiteA config, how do I access and instead use Squarespace to handle all my Office 365 emails, i.e.:

a) where in Squarespace can I setup DNS records for Office 365?
b) where do I setup TXT, MX and CNAME records inorder for Squarespace to work with Office 365?

Would really appreciate your help with above queries.

Thanks.

• Replies 3
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Jocelynw

I am looking for the exact same help....have you gotten anywhere with this issue?  I am keeping my email at GD but have just transferred 2 domains to Squarespace... If you would mind sharing that would be great... and i will do the same.

Cheers

Sheri

• 8 months later...

Hey Jocelyn, 

Just wondering if you had any luck with this? I am trying to do the same thing and quite confused. 

On 1/14/2020 at 1:22 AM, jocelynw said:

Hoping someone can assist as I am new to Squarespace. I currently have a domain registered with GoDaddy but is currently pointing to a web hosting site (via nameservers), called SiteA, which is a Wordpress site.

Attached to this web hosting site, i.e. SiteA - I have MS Office 365 setup for all the emails against my domain.

I have now redone my site but using Squarespace, using my existing domain, for example: mydoamin.com

My questions are as follows:

1) What is required for me, so that my domain , which is registered with GoDaddy, instead now points to my new Squarespace website and not my existing SiteA website?

2) I assume I need to point the nameservers at GoDaddy, to instead point to Squarespace nameservers/my website - if so, what is required here? Squarespace nameservers?

3) With Office 365 residing within SiteA config, how do I access and instead use Squarespace to handle all my Office 365 emails, i.e.:

a) where in Squarespace can I setup DNS records for Office 365?
b) where do I setup TXT, MX and CNAME records inorder for Squarespace to work with Office 365?

Would really appreciate your help with above queries.

Thanks.

Archived