Forms in checkout

I have a required form linked to the purchase/check-out of an item in my store.  I am looking for the data on that form to be stored on a google drive.

I do have other forms on my site that I do have linked to a google drive but I do not see an option to get into the storage tab of the check-out form.

Many Thanks,

Shawn

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You cannot push the content of Custom Product Forms or Custom Checkout Forms to anything other than the Commerce funnel.

Once in the Commerce system, you can use the Commerce API to access order resources such as 'customizations'. It isn't possible to push the form contents directly to Google Drive like you can for standard (non-Commerce) forms.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2020 at 4:34 PM, paul2009 said:

You cannot push the content of Custom Product Forms or Custom Checkout Forms to anything other than the Commerce funnel.

Once in the Commerce system, you can use the Commerce API to access order resources such as 'customizations'. It isn't possible to push the form contents directly to Google Drive like you can for standard (non-Commerce) forms.

Finally I found someone with my exact question!

Thanks for the answer paul2009. I have a follow up question. Since it's not currently possible for product forms to be pushed to Google Drive, is there a workaround you recommend? What's the best way to move this kind of form inside the Commerce funnel?

Thx in advance.

Carter

It will really depend on why you want to do this. The information provided in the original question isn’t very detailed and doesn’t provide any context. Can you provide more details, including a working link to the site to give context to the requirements?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Totally. Thank you! 

Here's the nuts & bolts: my client is selling tickets to their conference through the Commerce module. I'm looking for a way to easily track tickets sold and specifically track the registration information provided in the product forms (registrant name, contact info, intensive session selection, etc). The default method of downloading order data isn't very efficient or user-friendly to my client who'd like a simple way to see how the conference is selling and what intensive are being selected.

Here's the link to the product page for one of the packages end users can purchase: https://www.kingdomjusticesummit.com/registerold/kjs-2020-package-1

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Carter

Have you considered using variants for the intensives instead of a custom form?

You could set a limit on each variant (also known as 'stock' level) and you'll immediately be able to see what's selling by looking at your 'inventory'. The Commerce app can show how many places are available at a glance. The inventory tab shows the 'stock' beside each 'product'.

• 3 months later...

Yes, the Orders API provides access to formSubmission data. 

Archived