Situational Checkbox?

Hey Guys,

I have a juice company, and we are trying to create an advanced checkout option. Right now all of our packages will be a 3-day juice cleanse which includes 6 different bottles. You can either pick from our premade options (with our recipes), or there will be a customized option, where you can select between 30 different ingredients and make your own flavor.

Is there anyway to make a drop down for each of the 6 bottles, but only have a custom checkbox section pop up if they select customized product in the dropdown menu? We only need the checkbox to appear when they want to do a custom, since all of our other flavors are already premade recipes.

Or maybe someone has a better idea on how to achieve this?

PLEASE if anyone can help that would be amazing.

• Replies 5
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A picture paints a thousand words for me. Can you share a URL or a mockup to help me understand the issue?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi Paul, Thanks for the reply.

Sorry! Don't really have anything to show... but i'll try to explain better.

The 3 day cleanse comes with 6 individual options, which the customer has to pick. I picture 6 different drop down menus, one for each option. The drop downs are to select the flavor. Most of the options are an actual flavor, so that is easy, but one of the options is also a customized juice, which requires the customer to checkmark what they would like. There are 30 options to select from... Instead of having the check boxes under all of the dropdowns I was wondering if there is a way to only popup a checkbox form when they select "customize" option in the drop down menu.

• 5 months later...

You can have up to 250 variants per product, but there isn't a bundling or package option on the Squarespace platform yet, so it isn't possible to have checkboxes for different variant options. Each one will be displayed within the same dropdown box.

The only options right now are to:

• add each item as a separate product and allow the customer to add each product to the cart individually
  • use complex variants, with a dropdown for each product option within the bundle

These aren't exactly what you want, but they're the nearest solutions available on this platform.

If you need bundles, consider using the Shopify platform which is geared up for larger commerce stores.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 9 months later...

I am looking for something similar. Right now we have a Squarespace Form that basically allows our customers to request a free sample. Upon submission the information gets pushed to the Zapier plugin and then creates an order in shipstation. (it is just a way for them to not have to go through a full checkout, since they are not being charged)

However, we have checkboxes for each product sample (they can choose multiple) The samples have SKUs in shipstation but I can't seem to:

1. Add in the right code so that every time the form is submitted a new order # is generated. 

2. I can't seem to assign the checkbox options a SKU number without the SKU showing on the site

3. I can't seem to find a way to remove the "Country" box under the "Address" form field. I need to add country as a separate field to accommodate the country code (making this a drop down).

If anyone knows how to fix ANY of the barrier outlined above please help. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Archived