Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
Marta

How can I disable product image cropping?

Hi all, I'm currently setting up a shop with digital image files and I have a variety of sizes including horizontal, square & vertical. I really don't like the way it looks when it crops the product images in the shop. Is there a way to disable the cropping altogether so that it shows all images as they are? Even if they don't align the same way afterwards, I don't mind, I still prefer to show the true size of the image before they click on it. Does that make sense? 

Link is https://www.martaraptis.com/art

Thanks! 

19 hours ago, tuanphan said:

You mean images in Collection Page or Detail Page? 

Just the general shop page, where all your products are displayed (the link). 

On 1/10/2020 at 2:33 AM, Marta said:

Just the general shop page, where all your products are displayed (the link). 

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

body#collection-5d7ad0f223f3d9618c6cb1cb .ProductList-image {
    width: 100% !important;
    height: auto !important;
    top: 0 !important;
}

On 2/1/2020 at 6:36 AM, tuanphan said:

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

body#collection-5d7ad0f223f3d9618c6cb1cb .ProductList-image {
    width: 100% !important;
    height: auto !important;
    top: 0 !important;
}

That did absolutely nothing.

@Marta's site is built with a Brine-family template in Squarespace 7.0. The Brine-family template uses the 'Advanced Products Page' which automatically crops product images to fill the image container. This is designed to improve the appearance of products pages and cannot be disabled.

There are two solutions:

1. Reframe your images before uploading them, so that they always match the selected crop shape. For example, add white left and right borders to a portrait-shaped image so that it is square.

2. Use one of the older templates that uses the 'Classic Products Page'. The Classic Product Page is currently available in in these Squarespace 7.0 template families:

• Adirondack
  • Avenue
  • Aviator
  • Bedford
  • Five
  • Flatiron
  • Forte
  • Ishimoto
  • Momentum
  • Montauk
  • Native
  • Pacific
  • Wells
  • Wexley

Once you have one of these templates, you'll want to go into the Style Editor and disable the Product Image Auto Crop tweak.

World-class Squarespace Developer and Squarespace Circle Leader with a strong reputation on the Squarespace Forum.
I'm trusted by hundreds of Squarespace users worldwide, including designers, freelancers, business owners and big agencies.

I can tackle anything from small tweaks to full websites and I'm available for short and long bookings (min. 1 hour).
Book via my website giving as much notice as possible. Note that I'm currently booked until the middle of April 2020.
Prebuilt Squarespace Extensions
Custom Squarespace Extensions: Tell me about the functionality you need

**NEW** Our popular Enquiry Form ExtensionDate Picker Extension and Age Verification Extension are now Squarespace 7.1 compatible.