Navigation Drop Down Menu into Multiple Columns

Go to solution Solved by tuanphan,

Hi, please see attached screenshot. I would like my SHOP menu folder to be in two columns with work for sale on the left (Sand Dunes through Books) and information about the work and additional items on the right (About Our Prints through Give the Gift of Art). Right now it is one long menu. At one point I searched this forum and someone posted custom CSS that broke folders into two columns. You could select which drop-down folder to turn into columns and how many columns. This was a great start but you could not determine WHERE the break occurred, it simply broke it up evenly so if I had more than 3-4 pages the product pages would spill over into the information column and be included on the right instead of the rest of the works on the left. Regardless, the link is now dead for this post and so I can not find the CSS script. Basically: I would like a custom CSS that allows me to always have my work for sale separated from the information about the work and make it manageable to sort related works/locations into columns in the future. Ideally, I would have a mega menu with ways to view collections by popularity, theme, etc. but that seems beyond SquareSpace's capabilities at this point (like so many  things...). See second attached.

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 12.16.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 12.50.54 PM.png

Edited by JonathanK
5 minutes ago, JonathanK said:

https://manatee-ladybug-s9eh.squarespace.com/config/pages

Not sure if this will work. I have a live landing page right now. Working on the rest of the site in the background.

/config is url for site owner

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

25 minutes ago, tuanphan said:

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

[href="/shop"]+.Header-nav-folder {
    column-count: 2;
}

Hi Tuan, did you read my original question?. I don't want just two columns. I want two columns which are split in exactly the right place. I don't want them evenly. I don't want them randomly. Sorry to get annoyed but I spent a great deal of time making the original post as clear as possible and even supplied screenshots and an example of what I want.

I want specific pages on the left and specific pages on the right when I split the columns. Can I fake it with blank pages that aren't clickable in the navigation so I push things to the left and right? Can I at least add a horizontal line to separate the columns if it's one long list?

Edited by JonathanK
3 hours ago, MelissaHatcher said:

In Squarespace backend: Appearance > Menus, just drag n drop the menu items to nest under each other

I want them under the same menu but in two columns. I would like to be able to decide where those two columns split. i.e. what items are in column 1 and what items are in column 2. Therefore, tuan's code above does not satisfy my requirements because I have no decision on what drop down items spill over into the second column.

Edited by JonathanK
4 minutes ago, JonathanK said:

Hi Tuan, great. I was thinking that might be the best solution for now. What is the CSS to hide the blank pages?

Depends...You need to add nav items first.

It will like this (just an example)

a[href="/shop"]+.Header-nav-folder a:nth-child(5)

with 5 is nav item order

Or send to forum message

• 9 months later...
On 1/9/2020 at 10:31 AM, JonathanK said:

Visibility as hidden seemed to be the best one. I will go with that. It's working great. Thank you!

Ah I see that you wanted it to look like the menu in the picture below correct? If so that’s what I kind of want as well, if I can think of an idea for it.3CC64B0B-F2A5-4E5E-ACAF-EEDF3AAE6E37.thumb.png.00e62245b5ad8689635629525365372a.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
17 hours ago, IMO said:

Hello! How can I do multiple columns (with a title at the top of each column and a "view all" at the bottom) just like in the attached image?

Site URL: www.yeaps.com
Template: Hayden (7.0)

image.png

Hi. Try mega menu plugin. @WillMyers

Or send to forum message

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, tuanphan said:

Do you still provide Mega Menu Plugin anymore?

We don't currently offer a Megamenu solution.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.