Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
EmilyJA

How to Code A Background Color For Select Pages

Question

I have looked over other forums, however I am still having trouble with imputing the code for setting the background color for select pages. 

4 answers to this question

Hey Emily, do you have a link to the website and pages in particular you want to modify?
In the meantime, you can try clicking the gear icon beside a page, go to ADVANCED and insert the following code and modify the color as needed.

<style>
  body{
    background-color: #a4a4a4 !important;
  }
</style>

If an answer I provide helps you, please mark it as the answer so others can easily access it as well.

I'm a Squarespace Authorized Trainer, a Squarespace Expert, and a Circle Member and I would love to help you in any way I can.

Book Live Help | Squarespace Video Tutorials

44 minutes ago, EmilyJA said:

If you want the whole websites background to change, the code above will work. If you want just the section on the right to have a different color but the menu on the left stay white, you can use this instead. Click the gear icon beside the page name, go to ADVANCED and insert the following code.

<style>
  #page{
    background-color: #a4a4a4;
  }
</style>

Change the color as needed.

If an answer I provide helps you, please mark it as the answer so others can easily access it as well.

I'm a Squarespace Authorized Trainer, a Squarespace Expert, and a Circle Member and I would love to help you in any way I can.

Book Live Help | Squarespace Video Tutorials