Getting Traffic for Satirical Site

Hello, 

I have a satirical / informational site and have trouble getting visitors. I've tagged my articles but only have had one of a bout 20 that shows up high in search results (as a Google "interesting find").  And even that one doesn't get many hits.  

I have promoted through Facebook several times, and that generated clicks in the short term but not many repeat visits.  Just wanted to crowd source for ideas. 

If anyone is interested, this is the link to the site: 

https://www.thediveby.com/

• Replies 2
  • Views 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Checked out your post. You've certainly got a go steam of topics and they all seem interesting. No traffic? I've been using social media to drive traffic since the advent of Twitter and FB and it's taken me years to get anything going. If you plan to make money off your posts I suggest that you start with the Home page. I didn't see a clear mission statement of what you are doing... it just says Posts. That doesn't tell bots what your page/content is all about. You need a summary that describes your content on every page. You should think about categorizing your posts to make things easy for visitors and bots. I'd start there. If bots don't understand your page they won't know how or if to rank it so it can be searched. Be sure to use tags, longform are best. Read about it online. Be sure to use popular keywords. So if your content is satirical/informational then use words that tell that story in your summary that proceeds the posts. Your website is also not complete and needs to be properly displayed for anyone to take it seriously. Take another look at it, or ask for help from Squarespace or the forum.

You said you posted to social media few times. It takes repeated efforts, not once or twice. Don't get too caught up in social media, because if you're wanting to make money at posting/blogging/vlogging then social media people aren't necessarily going to be your ultimate audience. If you're into specific kinds of posts then get involved in Forums and link or comment on like minded websites. Vertical topics must reach vertical audiences, not general social media audiences. That's my take on it. I hope you continue.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2020 at 11:18 PM, QuickDog said:

Checked out your post. You've certainly got a go steam of topics and they all seem interesting. No traffic? I've been using social media to drive traffic since the advent of Twitter and FB and it's taken me years to get anything going. If you plan to make money off your posts I suggest that you start with the Home page. I didn't see a clear mission statement of what you are doing... it just says Posts. That doesn't tell bots what your page/content is all about. You need a summary that describes your content on every page. You should think about categorizing your posts to make things easy for visitors and bots. I'd start there. If bots don't understand your page they won't know how or if to rank it so it can be searched. Be sure to use tags, longform are best. Read about it online. Be sure to use popular keywords. So if your content is satirical/informational then use words that tell that story in your summary that proceeds the posts. Your website is also not complete and needs to be properly displayed for anyone to take it seriously. Take another look at it, or ask for help from Squarespace or the forum.

You said you posted to social media few times. It takes repeated efforts, not once or twice. Don't get too caught up in social media, because if you're wanting to make money at posting/blogging/vlogging then social media people aren't necessarily going to be your ultimate audience. If you're into specific kinds of posts then get involved in Forums and link or comment on like minded websites. Vertical topics must reach vertical audiences, not general social media audiences. That's my take on it. I hope you continue.

Have you checked out other social media such as Reddit ? Reddit has Hundreds of Sub Reddits to choose from, you could try posting your Link there or even pay for advertising on Reddit's front page, and there's also https://news.ycombinator.com/ 

Archived