Harris Template: Folder Linking in Nav Bar

Greetings,

I was previously using the details described in this thread https://forum.squarespace.com/topic/11723-how-do-i-link-a-folder-title-within-the-navigation-to-a-page/
to get nav-bar menu's to link to "parent" pages. It was working for several months on the Harris template, and today I've noticed it is not.

www.redclovertech.net

Examples are the Solutions and Support folders, which should link you to /solutions and /support

• Replies 2
  • Views 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, this video will help with that issue. Your code will be slightly different because of your template, it'll be like the following.

folder-toggle-label

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
  $( document ).ready(function() {
    $(".folder-toggle-label").eq(0).prop('href', '/first-folder-link');
    $(".folder-toggle-label").eq(1).prop('href', '/second-folder-link');
  });
</script>

If an answer I provide helps you, please mark it as the answer so others can easily access it as well.

I'm a Squarespace Authorized TrainerSquarespace Expert, and Circle Member and I've been helping my clients as well as those here in the forum and in various Squarespace groups with custom coding and support for Squarespace websites. I would love to help you in any way I can.

Squarespace PluginsBook Live Help | Squarespace Video Tutorials | Buy Me a Coffee

Hi! I did exactly as you have shown on my site built with Harris template - not seeming to have any luck. Would you be able to take a look? intoitspace.squarespace.com. (password is pass)

Here's my code (copied from you - the class is the same name I believe)

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1/jquery.min.js"></script>

<script>
  $( document ).ready(function() {
    $(".folder-toggle-label").eq(0).prop('href', '/services');
  });
</script>

Archived