• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
holliebolt

Use different image on mobile than desktop

Question

Hello!

I'm hoping someone can help me with the code/ process for displaying a different image on the mobile site than on the desktop version. I'm not looking to resize it.  So basically, I believe I want to hide the original image when it's in mobile view and display a new image and vice versa.  Specifically, my homepage is coming out ugly / mismatched sizes due to the image blocks.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

www.licensefortress.com

3 answers to this question

Hey Hollie, the easiest way to do this is to upload both the mobile and the desktop images, then hide the incorrect one as needed with custom CSS. Or you could even set up a whole section for desktop and another section for mobile, and hide each section as needed.

If an answer I provide helps you, please mark it as the answer so others can easily access it as well.

I'm a Squarespace Authorized Trainer, a Squarespace Expert, and a Circle Member and I would love to help you in any way I can.

Book Live Help | Squarespace Video Tutorials

On 1/7/2020 at 7:40 PM, Vigasan said:

Hey Hollie, the easiest way to do this is to upload both the mobile and the desktop images, then hide the incorrect one as needed with custom CSS. Or you could even set up a whole section for desktop and another section for mobile, and hide each section as needed.

Hello, do you have more detailed information on how to achieve this? I've seen this solution mentioned a few times across the forum. Is there somewhere I can read more about this strategy? Thanks.

On 1/22/2020 at 3:08 AM, GMDI said:

Hello, do you have more detailed information on how to achieve this? I've seen this solution mentioned a few times across the forum. Is there somewhere I can read more about this strategy? Thanks.

You need to know CSS to do this. If you create 2 images, then share link, we can take a look

Send me a message if you have any questions.

OFF forum from Jan 16 - Jan 31 for Lunar New Year.