Newsletter Block - how to track conversions

Hi,

Does anyone know how can I track conversions for the Newsletter Block? I know you can see the number of 'form/button submissions' under the Analytics section, but I'm interested in the more advanced tracking where you can see the source of the newsletter sign up. Say I run an advertising campaign across both Google Ads and Facebook Ads, I'm curious to know how many people sign up to my newsletter from each channel and not just the total value across the 2. 

Hope this makes sense and any help is much appreciated! 

Many thanks,

Adrian 

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 1
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Adrian, it does make sense!

The problem I see is that the Newsletter confirmation process does not give you any options for editing, and the page loads without any third-party code-injection possible, IE it's completely off the books for measurement.

I am not sure why this was not considered but I can't see any way you might be able to trigger a conversion event for any of the ad-campaigns you might be running and want to use this as a performance measurement.

Easiest thing I think would be to have the ability to set a page up for the newsletter confirmations, so that if people have to go through, https://www.domain.com/api/newsletters/confirm-subscribe?randomtoken, to authenticate their account they would end up on a specific thank-you page and you could then trigger a conversion event based on this final destination page.

You can do something like this with JQUERY for the contact forms, but sadly at the moment the post-account tracking for SS newsletter sign-ups does seem to be missing a key piece of measurement.

I hope that the SS Developers can work out a decent solution for this issue.

G

We provide digital marketing services for businesses that need exposure/sales from search and social media networks. We also build incredibly fast and well optimised multi-language Square Space websites.
Digital Marketing | Marketing Digitale

Archived