Remove Seconds From Time Field in Form

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

I need to be able to remove the seconds field from the form since it's a hassle for customers to have to type 00 in that field every time to be able to move on. Please help. I am using the Bedford Template.

Capture Time Field.PNG

Edited by GMJT
  • 1 month later...
  • Solution

See my guide here:

https://sf.digital/squarespace-solutions/hide-seconds-on-squarespace-form

Let me know how you get on.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 8 months later...

I had the same issue and with simple CSS, I was able to hide the seconds field, but even with the time field not being marked required, it requires you to enter seconds if there are hours or minutes.

Our workaround (avoiding a bunch of custom coding) was to use the dropdown option and enter the times in 30 minute increments as the options.

You can check it out at https://www.gochristmasshow.com by clicking on the "Volunteer for the 2020 Shows" button.

I hope this helps!

• 3 months later...
On 3/3/2021 at 9:54 PM, GHML said:

Do you have a version of your code that will work for product forms? And also can it be written to remove minutes and seconds? We have a need for it on our product forms where people can sign up for our esports tournament...but we want to restrict it to the hour.

Example would be on the product form on this page (Register Now): https://www.ghmlgaming.com/duos

Thanks!

Hi. Have you solved it yet?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 11/23/2022 at 7:31 PM, zoe_davis said:

@tuanphan was there ever a fix found for removing/hiding the seconds box from the time field in a product form? I need to do this for SS 7.0 Five template. 

Can you share link to a product?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)