• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
aaron500

How to customize the quantity buttons

Hi everyone!

Hopefully you guys can help my out with this problem:

I have a wine business with different kind of quantity options, packaging options and combination options.

For several hours I tried to apply this systeem on my shop, but I don't get it right...

Because of the prices, we don't want to sell a single wine but a minimum of 6, 12 , 18 etc.

Example: 

Customer Peter* wants to buy 12 bottles of red wine. Currently *Peter would see on the cart-icon a 1.

When *Peter wants to check-out, he sees a quantity of 1 and not 12. This may be confusing for the customers.

Is it possible to change the quantity button on the product page to 6,12,18 instead of 1,2,3?

And is it possible to change the quantity button on the checkout-page?

Kind regards,

Aaron

Unknown-12.png

Posted (edited)

Is it possible to change the quantity button on the product page to 6,12,18 instead of 1,2,3?

Yes, the drop-down values could be changed (with code) to help users to select half-case units. There are two limitations to note with this approach:

• Firstly, you'll need to set a flat 'per bottle' rate as the product price. You won't be able to set quantity discounts.
  • Secondly, you won't be able to prevent customers from modifying the quantity values at the checkout stage. This loophole that Squarespace hasn't plugged allows customers to change the values back to single bottles at the payment stage.

I hope this helps. If it doesn't, please provide a few more details, including a working link to the products on the website, as this will give us context. If the site isn't live, we need you to set a password in the visibility settings and tell us what it is.

Edited by paul2009

World-class Squarespace Developer and Squarespace Circle Leader with a strong reputation on the Squarespace Forum.
I'm trusted by hundreds of Squarespace users worldwide, including designers, freelancers, business owners and big agencies.

I can tackle anything from small tweaks to full websites and I'm available for short and long bookings (min. 1 hour).
Book via my website giving as much notice as possible. Note that I'm usually booked six weeks in advance for jobs longer than an hour.
Prebuilt Squarespace Extensions
Custom Squarespace Extensions: Tell me about the functionality you need