Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

How to customize the quantity buttons


aaron500

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone!

 

Hopefully you guys can help my out with this problem:

I have a wine business with different kind of quantity options, packaging options and combination options.

For several hours I tried to apply this systeem on my shop, but I don't get it right...

Because of the prices, we don't want to sell a single wine but a minimum of 6, 12 , 18 etc.

 

 

Example: 

Customer Peter* wants to buy 12 bottles of red wine. Currently *Peter would see on the cart-icon a 1.

When *Peter wants to check-out, he sees a quantity of 1 and not 12. This may be confusing for the customers.

 

Is it possible to change the quantity button on the product page to 6,12,18 instead of 1,2,3?

And is it possible to change the quantity button on the checkout-page?

 

Kind regards,

Aaron

 

Unknown-12.png

Link to comment
Quote

Is it possible to change the quantity button on the product page to 6,12,18 instead of 1,2,3?

Yes, the drop-down values could be changed (with code) to help users to select half-case units. There are two limitations to note with this approach:

  • Firstly, you'll need to set a flat 'per bottle' rate as the product price. You won't be able to set quantity discounts.
  • Secondly, you won't be able to prevent customers from modifying the quantity values at the checkout stage. This loophole that Squarespace hasn't plugged allows customers to change the values back to single bottles at the payment stage.

I hope this helps. If it doesn't, please provide a few more details, including a working link to the products on the website, as this will give us context. If the site isn't live, we need you to set a password in the visibility settings and tell us what it is.

Edited by paul2009

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi! I'm Paul, an independent Squarespace Consultant since 2007 and founder of SF Digital, building the features that Squarespace didn't include. Our mini-extensions allow you to pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect . Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

Link to comment
  • 4 months later...
18 minutes ago, codefordummies said:

Is there anyway to add "case" next to the numbers 1, 2, 3, etc.?

Can you provide some more context? I'm not really sure what you're asking. 

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi! I'm Paul, an independent Squarespace Consultant since 2007 and founder of SF Digital, building the features that Squarespace didn't include. Our mini-extensions allow you to pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect . Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

Link to comment

Or perhaps just change “QUANTITY” to “CASES”?

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi! I'm Paul, an independent Squarespace Consultant since 2007 and founder of SF Digital, building the features that Squarespace didn't include. Our mini-extensions allow you to pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect . Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

Link to comment
  • 8 months later...

Hi I have a similar question regarding quantities. I wondered if there is a way to put in numbers less than one in the quantity box. I have fabric to sell on my site and it is sold by the metre and priced that way normally. Most folk when they order fabric buy what they require say 1.3 mtrs but it says that I need to use whole numbers in the quantity box. Is there a way around this? Many thanks

Link to comment

@Nita

Whole numbers only for quantity. Not sure how this would work but could you sell by the 1/10 meter? Then if I wanted 1.3 meters I would set the quantity to 13.

It might even be possible to have some Javascript to put a message on the page to reinforce how many meters are being bought.

1046137830_ScreenShot2021-02-19at7_22_35PM.png.2205b91c7c2cde70e2e77f98a1e5fecc.png

This is a mock up.

I suspect that folks are used to buying by the meter and to do it any other way might be confusing for everyone but I thought I'd throw this out there.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as best , and see my profile. Thanks for your support!

Link to comment
On 2/20/2021 at 3:52 AM, creedon said:

@Nita

Whole numbers only for quantity. Not sure how this would work but could you sell by the 1/10 meter? Then if I wanted 1.3 meters I would set the quantity to 13.

It might even be possible to have some Javascript to put a message on the page to reinforce how many meters are being bought.

1046137830_ScreenShot2021-02-19at7_22_35PM.png.2205b91c7c2cde70e2e77f98a1e5fecc.png

This is a mock up.

I suspect that folks are used to buying by the meter and to do it any other way might be confusing for everyone but I thought I'd throw this out there.

Thanks @creedon for your thoughts. I think it's a great solution and i would be fine with it but may be a bit confusing as it is just not the normal. I have however found quite a few websites pricing per 1/2 metre where you enter the quantity a 2 for 1 metre and that seems to be a bit more of a familiar alternative.  Forgive my ignorance I am not familiar with Java Script, and what it does but would like a pointer of where I can find out. I like the fabric quantity 1.3 showing after the word quantity and wonder if this is what you mean? I have most of my site up and running and not just trying to resolve some of the sticking points. I am so grateful for your help. Thankyou

Link to comment

@Nita

Quote

I am not familiar with Java Script, and what it does but would like a pointer of where I can find out.

In short Javascript is a programming language that allows one to manipulate the structure of web page. It is fundamental to how modern web site are built.

If you want further information a search on the web for something like "what is javascript" that may give you some useful results.

Quote

 

 I like the fabric quantity 1.3 showing after the word quantity and wonder if this is what you mean?

 

Yes exactly! Even though that was a mock up, Javascript can do those kinds of things. It can watch for changes in an input field and then put text somewhere based on the field contents. It allows one to build structure that SS doesn't have.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as best , and see my profile. Thanks for your support!

Link to comment

@codefordummies

Add the following to Store Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection for the store page.

<style>

  body.native-currency-code-cad .sqs-money-native:after {
  
    content : ' Agency Fees';
    
    }
    
  </style>

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as best , and see my profile. Thanks for your support!

Link to comment
On 3/1/2021 at 3:38 PM, creedon said:

@codefordummies

Add the following to Store Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection for the store page.


<style>

  body.native-currency-code-cad .sqs-money-native:after {
  
    content : ' Agency Fees';
    
    }
    
  </style>

Let us know how it goes.

@creedon This worked perfectly! Any idea how I could integrate "Frais d'Agence" in this code? When I add the apostrophe it cuts the commande. Thanks 🙂

Link to comment

Two ways!

The escape character \ (backslash) says ignore the single quote character special meaning and treat is as a regular character.

content : ' Frais d\'Agence';

Use double quotes. Both single and double quotes are used to tell the software that this is the text I want to display between the quotes. So because we are using double quotes the single quote loses it's special meaning when within the double quotes. And you can flip that around. If you need to include a double quote in your display text then surround with singles.

content : " Frais d'Agence";

Probably more than you wanted to know but there ya go.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as best , and see my profile. Thanks for your support!

Link to comment
1 minute ago, creedon said:

Two ways!

The escape character \ (backslash) says ignore the single quote character special meaning and treat is as a regular character.

content : ' Frais d\'Agence';

Use double quotes. Both single and double quotes are used to tell the software that this is the text I want to display between the quotes. So because we are using double quotes the single quote loses it's special meaning when within the double quotes. And you can flip that around. If you need to include a double quote in your display text then surround with singles.

content : " Frais d'Agence";

Probably more than you wanted to know but there ya go.

Let us know how it goes.

This is great! Thank you so much! I love learning, so the more info the better! 😄 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...