Simple. Horizontal. Scroll

On 7/31/2021 at 11:39 PM, ZACELA258 said:

Hey Roland,

Trying this now and it works great so far.

Is there any way to finish the horizontal scrolling on the final section instead of the footer? I tried hiding the footer to solve this myself but am dealt with empty white space after scrolling past my final section.

PW: zacela

Hi @ZACELA258 I am not on the forum that often so sorry to have missed your message. Could you ping me at info@fusehub.ca?

I run FuseHub Creative Group, a syndicate of creatives from all over the world with one common goal - to develop creative and strategic solutions for ambitious organizations, and develop cool plugins which you can find on the SQS Mods platform - Circle Members always get a 10% discount with this code: SQSMOD10.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@ZACELA258, @JealousWeekends, @thecatalystudio, @chelshotel, @jagbananas, @SabineM, @ccrews, @EmmaGusco, @AdamG, @AdrienneN, @ABM, @Vol, @khomatech , @maxfaury, @meocoli

Been working on this one for some time and wanted to share a solution for you. You can now this do Horizontal Scrolling with SquareKicker, giving you full control like it was natively built into Squarespace.

Features include: select as many sections as you want to scroll horizontally, choose left to right scroll or reverse, choose a flow into screen, fixed background, and finally this is fully optimised for mobile devices. All without having to touch a single line of code! 

If you only want this single feature, you can uses SquareKicker for a single month and cancel as a one off payment.  Cheaper than any single plugin, and you get access to the entire toolset while active.  All customisations are will save forever and backed up. See tutorial link below of this in action.

https://squarekicker.com/letsmakethis/horizontal-scroll1513952820_HoriziontalScrolling.thumb.png.b76380f4eb597f73d76859deb732fbbd.png

SquareKickerHi, I'm Nick, CEO & Co-Founder at squarekicker.com.  Take your Squarespace sites to the next level with SquareKicker's No-Code Design & Animation Extension. Break free from templates & complex code and start building unique websites that you are proud to show your clients without ever having to write a single line of code. 

Squarespace Extension  ●  Templates  ●  News  ●  Inspiration  ●  Tutorials  ●  Resources

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/5/2021 at 9:51 PM, NickIppolito said:

@ZACELA258, @JealousWeekends, @thecatalystudio, @chelshotel, @jagbananas, @SabineM, @ccrews, @EmmaGusco, @AdamG, @AdrienneN, @ABM, @Vol, @khomatech , @maxfaury, @meocoli

Been working on this one for some time and wanted to share a solution for you. You can now this do Horizontal Scrolling with SquareKicker, giving you full control like it was natively built into Squarespace.

Features include: select as many sections as you want to scroll horizontally, choose left to right scroll or reverse, choose a flow into screen, fixed background, and finally this is fully optimised for mobile devices. All without having to touch a single line of code! 

If you only want this single feature, you can uses SquareKicker for a single month and cancel as a one off payment.  Cheaper than any single plugin, and you get access to the entire toolset while active.  All customisations are will save forever and backed up. See tutorial link below of this in action.

https://squarekicker.com/letsmakethis/horizontal-scroll1513952820_HoriziontalScrolling.thumb.png.b76380f4eb597f73d76859deb732fbbd.png

Hi, looks great, can you switch on and off for mobile as needed? 

On 12/30/2021 at 8:40 AM, Fordham said:

Hi, looks great, can you switch on and off for mobile as needed? 

Hi @Fordham,

SquareKicker.com by default removes horizontal scrolling on mobile as best practice as it feels unnatural to scroll up on a phone while this is happening.

The tutorial videos shows how this works on mobile: https://squarekicker.com/letsmakethis/horizontal-scroll

SquareKickerHi, I'm Nick, CEO & Co-Founder at squarekicker.com.  Take your Squarespace sites to the next level with SquareKicker's No-Code Design & Animation Extension. Break free from templates & complex code and start building unique websites that you are proud to show your clients without ever having to write a single line of code. 

Squarespace Extension  ●  Templates  ●  News  ●  Inspiration  ●  Tutorials  ●  Resources

• 1 year later...
On 5/23/2021 at 2:39 AM, RolandFuseHub said:

Hi Everyone,

Maybe this solves your challenge: https://www.sqsmods.com/horizontal

We are planning to offer a a per section horizontal scroll.

Example:
- you have 7 sections + footer
- section 3-4-5 should be shown horizontally when you scroll to that point, 1-2-6-7 vertically.

Cheers,

Roland

Hi Roland

Is it possible to do this now?

Thanks

7 hours ago, couldbegood said:

Hi Roland

Is it possible to do this now?

Thanks

We are working on it but not that easy….

I run FuseHub Creative Group, a syndicate of creatives from all over the world with one common goal - to develop creative and strategic solutions for ambitious organizations, and develop cool plugins which you can find on the SQS Mods platform - Circle Members always get a 10% discount with this code: SQSMOD10.

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2023 at 1:04 PM, RolandFuseHub said:

We are working on it but not that easy….

I just purchased this plug-in in order to enable a sectional horizontal scroll for two sections, not the entire site/page. Can we get an estimation for when this is going to be available?

To think this plug-in was developed thinking people want an entire website or full vertical scroll page to be fully horizontal scroll is confounding. 

10 hours ago, jenartsquare said:

I just purchased this plug-in in order to enable a sectional horizontal scroll for two sections, not the entire site/page. Can we get an estimation for when this is going to be available?

To think this plug-in was developed thinking people want an entire website or full vertical scroll page to be fully horizontal scroll is confounding. 

We are making this a priority but no ETA. Sorry, you feel the way you feel but nowhere do we sell this plugin as a way to only use a few sections on a page to scroll horizontally. Stay tuned...

9 hours ago, RolandFuseHub said:

We are making this a priority but no ETA. Sorry, you feel the way you feel but nowhere do we sell this plugin as a way to only use a few sections on a page to scroll horizontally. Stay tuned...

Thanks, Roland. I wasn't trying to be an a$$. I'm just frustrated about the constraints and I understand the workarounds have to be developed. I'm grateful we have these plugin options for SS.

I also realize you don't promote single or few-section scrolls... it just isn't obvious, or at least wasn't to me. But I get it. It's in development and that's great news. 

Thanks for your reply. And I'm LOVING Expand 2.0, by the way. 

1 hour ago, jenartsquare said:

Thanks, Roland. I wasn't trying to be an a$$. I'm just frustrated about the constraints and I understand the workarounds have to be developed. I'm grateful we have these plugin options for SS.

I also realize you don't promote single or few-section scrolls... it just isn't obvious, or at least wasn't to me. But I get it. It's in development and that's great news. 

Thanks for your reply. And I'm LOVING Expand 2.0, by the way. 

Wait till we launch Expand 3.0. ⬅️