Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Changing Font for Site Title and Blog Headings in Haute

QDW

Question

I have been trying for days in CSS but cannot get the font in anything to change. I am trying to get the site title and the blog title headings on the home page to change. Here is what I have, but it seems to have no effect and I have tried several variations.  TIA!!!

@font-face {
    font-family: 'QUANTIFY';
       src: url(https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5dfa8d8f3dca077a2e9c02d2/t/5dfab078f9cc2c0a444b03dc/1576710264403/Quantify.woff);
  }

/* Custom Font - Site Title */
.site-title span {
   font-family: 'QUANTIFY' !important;
}
/* Custom Font - Header Main Navigation */
.main-nav * {
}

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Worked, thank you so much!!  

Posted Images

15 answers to this question

23 hours ago, QDW said:

www.searchbmore.com

I am able to get it to change the Blog title after you click on initial blog post link from the home page. 

Thanks. 

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

a.Header-branding {
}
h1.Blog-title.Blog-title--item {
}

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan, work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. 

Can you share link to your site? Difficult to check without site url.

Each template needs different Code.

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan, work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. 

www.searchbmore.com

I am able to get it to change the Blog title after you click on initial blog post link from the home page. 

Thanks. 

Thank you!! That worked for the site title. I still can't get the font to change for the blog titles on the home page though. 

6 minutes ago, QDW said:

Thank you!! That worked for the site title. I still can't get the font to change for the blog titles on the home page though. 

Can you take screenshot of "blog title"?

6 minutes ago, QDW said:

Thanks.

h2.Blog-title {
}

Hello, 
I have a question on this topic too. 
I am working on Rally in Brine also, and I want the blog titles to be in Montserrat and blog body font in Baskerville URW, and for them to show up on the home page as such.
I copied the code above and it changes in the actual blog post but not site-wide.
Can you help?!

Thank you!

15 hours ago, EllieB said:

Hello, 
I have a question on this topic too. 
I am working on Rally in Brine also, and I want the blog titles to be in Montserrat and blog body font in Baskerville URW, and for them to show up on the home page as such.
I copied the code above and it changes in the actual blog post but not site-wide.
Can you help?!

Thank you!

I think you can change this in Home > Design > Site Styles?

without using code

20 minutes ago, tuanphan said:

I think you can change this in Home > Design > Site Styles?

without using code

Hey, 
Thanks for replying - I'm brand new to Squarespace so I appreciate your help!
So in this screen shot it says no <h> tag on post titles on blog pages - but can I use one? I need Header 1 in all blog titles site-wide!
Thanks again!

Screenshot 2020-04-25 at 09.44.39.png

3 hours ago, EllieB said:

Hey, 
Thanks for replying - I'm brand new to Squarespace so I appreciate your help!
So in this screen shot it says no <h> tag on post titles on blog pages - but can I use one? I need Header 1 in all blog titles site-wide!
Thanks again!

You need H1 for SEO, or H1 Style? 

If h1 style, we can use code to make title style same as h1

At present it seems to be the body copy font that shows up on homepage.
So I am looking for the title to be in H1 and the excerpt to be the body copy font...

23 minutes ago, EllieB said:

At present it seems to be the body copy font that shows up on homepage.
So I am looking for the title to be in H1 and the excerpt to be the body copy font...

Can you share link to blog page on your site?