• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
JTeich

Larger width text area for collage image

Question

Hello!

I'm using the Hyde template, and am wondering, if possible, how one can change the width of the text box associated with an image when using the collage option. It seems the default is to make the text box the same width as the image. So as I try to make the text box wider, it's also making the image bigger (both wider and deeper), which is not what i want. I'd like the image to take up about 1/3rd of the width of the page and for the text box to take up two thirds of the width (on a computer). I hope this makes sense. 

Thanks so much, you guys are always great.

5 answers to this question

Sure.

If you look here I don't want the profile image to be any larger, but i want the text box to be wider (and therefore shorter). I have put the ivy background there (on the right) to make the page look a bit better, but i'd like to be able to replace it with part of the text box.

Thanks  :)

22 minutes ago, JTeich said:

Sure.

If you look here I don't want the profile image to be any larger, but i want the text box to be wider (and therefore shorter). I have put the ivy background there (on the right) to make the page look a bit better, but i'd like to be able to replace it with part of the text box.

Thanks  :)

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

div#page-5df3f0acb29aca197b85f292 .image-card-wrapper {
    width: 80% !Important;
}

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer.

How to Setup Password & Share URL - Free Templates - Free Code - CSS ID List

OFF Forum from 05 - 09/06/2020, back to hometown

That code doesn't seem to work.... When i remove the spacer on the right and expand the text box (or just make the spacer smaller) all it does is make the image on the left bigger and makes the font bigger. I'd like to have the image and the text the same size, but just extend to the very right of the page... Do you know what i mean?

I think i might have figured it out. There are adjustments in the design/style sections.

To override these settings it would be good to know the code. But that code would need to be put on that particular page though, yes? Not the in the code area under design/style sections.