Looking to remove or disable the add to cart button on the product page

Go to solution Solved by tuanphan,

@Jordanlong44

If you want to continue to use a store page please see my July 26, 2021 post earlier in this thread.

I updated my cited code to handle both add to cart and quantity as well as adding support for the York template family.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

@dragonflydomain

Square is a payment processing company that dabbles in providing websites focused on e-commerce so that their customers can sell products online.

Squarespace is a more of a full website building company that has e-commerce capabilities. Which happens to use Square as one of it's payment processors along with PayPal, and etc.

This forum is for Squarespace questions so this is not a good place for Square website related questions.

I'm not aware of a Square forum but given how pervasive Square is, I have to image there are some.

Perhaps someone will have a pointer to such a group.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

17 hours ago, creedon said:

@dragonflydomain

Square is a payment processing company that dabbles in providing websites focused on e-commerce so that their customers can sell products online.

Squarespace is a more of a full website building company that has e-commerce capabilities. Which happens to use Square as one of it's payment processors along with PayPal, and etc.

This forum is for Squarespace questions so this is not a good place for Square website related questions.

I'm not aware of a Square forum but given how pervasive Square is, I have to image there are some.

Perhaps someone will have a pointer to such a group.

9 minutes ago, Hemali said:

Is it possible to change the Add to Cart button into an Enquire button that opens up an email page?

There isn't a built-in feature that can do this, but we sell an add-on called the 'Product Enquiry Form extension'. It can repurpose the 'Add to Cart' button to allow customers to enquire about a product or service. The form automatically includes details of the product they were viewing at the time. 

For more details, see our product page: Product Enquiry Form extension.

product-enquiry-only2.gif.2739405262d2b85fa499423d3dde3ad1.gif

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

50 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

There isn't a built-in feature that can do this, but we sell an add-on called the 'Product Enquiry Form extension'. It can repurpose the 'Add to Cart' button to allow customers to enquire about a product or service. The form automatically includes details of the product they were viewing at the time. 

For more details, see our product page: Product Enquiry Form extension.

product-enquiry-only2.gif.2739405262d2b85fa499423d3dde3ad1.gif

Thanks Paul. Is it possible to this code/button on some product pages and not others? I'm just thinking if my client wanted to sell some items via the website and not others.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/25/2022 at 12:17 AM, dp08998 said:

I need to remove add to cart button of few of my products on the website?

Please see the following.

Let us know how it goes.

• 4 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, ErikaLynn said:

Is it possible to have an "on hold" option on the backend to prevent people from trying to buy the item while a client has a painting out on approval?

You can set the inventory to zero for that item so that it cannot be purchased. You could add your 'on-hold' message to the product description manually or add an 'on-hold' tag to the product and use some code to add an 'on-hold' label automatically.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

1 hour ago, ErikaLynn said:

Can you help with the custom code to add "on hold" as a label?

You didn't provide a link to the site so I'm not sure which template or version of Squarespace you are using. However, I've produced some guides that may be helpful:

Changing Squarespace 'SOLD OUT' labels to something else

Adding a custom status badge to Squarespace Products

2 hours ago, ErikaLynn said:

Sadly it's not working

Which solution isn't working?

Tuan's code hides the add to cart button on all products on the store page. It won't help with your question about labels. Did you try any of the custom status badge solution I provided?

• 3 weeks later...

The Forum is currently supported in English only.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I am also finding myself with the same issue of hiding the "Add to cart" buttons on our website, as we want to stop sales for the next two weeks.

Our website has two separate shopping pages, English and German, a "shop" page, as well as an individual product page for every product. 

Which code or steps might I use to do this? 

This is the link to the shopping pages:

https://www.justadip.com/hummus-uebersicht-deutsch

https://www.justadip.com/hummus-overview-english

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Best,

Ilan

Edited by Ilan
4 hours ago, Ilan said:

I am also finding myself with the same issue of hiding the "Add to cart" buttons on our website, as we want to stop sales for the next two weeks.

Which code or steps might I use to do this?

There are tweaks available in Design > Site Styles.

802527191_ScreenShot2022-05-23at11_05_40AM.png.926361bab51d1ae2367be2185ac6be20.png

This is for v7.0 using the Brine template family.

Thank you very very much for the quick answer, and solution. But for the love of god, I just can not seem to find any Add to cart button option or even products options. Nothing. What am I missing or doing wrong? I went to the sales and products pages, went to design and site styles, just like you said, but nothing! Can that be?

Again, thank you for your assistance 🙂