Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
calehake

Help making code block full-width!

Question

Using a custom code for an Instagram feed on my site, however, the code block is not allowing me to make it full width. I would like the block to have no margins all around similar to the Instagram feed at https://antiochatx.com. I've tried almost everything, but no luck. Please help!

Using Squarespace 7.1

Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 12.28.48 PM.png

6 answers to this question

People in the community generally need more information to be able to help. Please provide a working link to the page on your site.

Here are some top tips about posting the link: 

Try not to include anything after the .com, for example: mysite-name.squarespace.com. Don't include the /config/ link as this sends us to the admin page which we won't be able to access.

If the site is in a trial or is password-protected, please post the read-only site password. Without it, we can't see your site. More information can be found in this article: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206536837-Is-my-site-live-

World-class Squarespace Developer and Squarespace Circle Leader with a strong reputation on the Squarespace Forum.
I'm trusted by hundreds of Squarespace users worldwide, including designers, freelancers, business owners and big agencies.

I can tackle anything from small tweaks to full websites and I'm available for short and long bookings (min. 1 hour).
Book via my website giving as much notice as possible. Note that I'm usually booked 4 - 6 weeks in advance for jobs longer than 2 hours.
Prebuilt Squarespace Extensions
Custom Squarespace Extensions: Tell me about the functionality you need

**NEW** Our popular Enquiry Form ExtensionDate Picker Extension and Age Verification Extension are now Squarespace 7.1 compatible.

1 hour ago, calehake said:

So sorry, I forgot the link to the site: http://antiochphxnew.squarespace.com

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

[data-section-id="5df8083f21d7c1442aed0b6a"] .content-wrapper {
    padding-left: 0 !important;
    padding-right: 0 !important;
}

Send me a message if you have any questions (free 10 minutes).

Don't send to forum message. I will check all questions via the link above

@tuanphan thank you! The code seems to only partially work. After putting it into the Custom CSS, the left margin is gone, but my page now shows a white margin when I scroll to the right. Before, it was full width without any ability to scroll right or left. Also, it is still not removing the padding below.

Thank you so much for your help! I've been trying everything to figure this out.

Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 4.08.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 4.08.52 PM.png

Could you fix this by taking out the padding above and below with code? I don't know CSS and I'm looking for the same solution.

Anyone know how to achieve a full-width Instagram block in 7.1?

19 minutes ago, KariLivs said:

Could you fix this by taking out the padding above and below with code? I don't know CSS and I'm looking for the same solution.

Anyone know how to achieve a full-width Instagram block in 7.1?

If you share link I can take a look. Or you can search on Forum. I solved 3-4 same questions here.

Send me a message if you have any questions (free 10 minutes).

Don't send to forum message. I will check all questions via the link above