How do I edit one page only?

Hello! 

I am trying to edit a page created in squarespace, however when trying to edit this one page all other paged seem to edit with it and I do not want this.

Is there a way to make just one page fully customiseable without affecting the rest of the site? 

Cheers,
Lauren 

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Squarespace permissions, you can either edit all pages or none. There isn't anything in between.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

2 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

With Squarespace permissions, you can either edit all pages or none. There isn't anything in between.

So for instance, if I wanted to edit a button in one page only to look a certain way it would mean that all the other page buttons will change with that also?

I misunderstood your question. When you change the style of one ‘small’ button In Site Styles, all the small buttons will change throughout the site. If you want to change just one, it requires custom CSS. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

1 hour ago, paul2009 said:

I misunderstood your question. When you change the style of one ‘small’ button In Site Styles, all the small buttons will change throughout the site. If you want to change just one, it requires custom CSS. 

Hi Paul, thanks for your help with this. Have you any idea how or were I can get this custom CSS at all?

1 hour ago, rehman said:

you can edit the page by pressing edit button .By pressing edit button you will edit the page you want to change

I find that the edit option given if were are talking about the same selector offers a very small amount of editing that I can actually do. From it I am unable to change the colour of the text, weather it is bold the font etc. Just what the text says unless it is a specified text box only. 

Archived