Shipping options for Northern Ireland and surrounding UK islands

Hi all! Just trying to find some info about why Northern Ireland and the surround islands of the UK are placed under the umbrella term of the UK with regards to shipping zones? Anyone UK-based knows that it costs more to send to N Ireland than is does the Mainland UK (if based in Mainland UK, and vice versa)...

We can find no option to define by country (England, Scotland etc), so wondered if anybody has found a workaround for this?

Thanks v much in advance!

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately there is no work around for this. I agree that it does make life difficult in the UK. 

Squarespace does have the facility to set-up shipping rates on a state and postcode level but only for the US and Canada. Hopefully Squarespace can bring this to the UK as well, I can’t really think why it wouldn’t be possible. The best thing to do would be register a feature request with customer support. 

• 4 months later...

Anyone had an update on this? Do we know if Squarespace are working on it? We're based in York and would very much like to be able to determine shipping rates based on a UK postcode, as flat rate shipping to the scottish highlands, Northern Ireland etc can be rather costly...

44 minutes ago, ChrisJaume said:

Anyone had an update on this? Do we know if Squarespace are working on it?

Squarespace don't announce new features until they are released, so there's no way to know if they are working on this or not. I suspect that it's on a long todo list and isn't a priority. I say that based on experience, not because I don't love the platform. I do.

If having this feature is important to you too, please submit a feature request to Customer Support because this forum is not monitored for feature requests.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived