Convert product gallery images into a carousel

I am using the foster template to display my eccomerce website. This template only gives the options to display product images as a slideshow or as thumbnails. I like to display the product images as a carousel with them displaying on the left side of the screen and the product details on the right at 641 px or more and at 640px or less for the carousel to display first and the product details to display after. (ive made it so that the mobile breakpoint is 640 px). Is there any code to create this effect ? i have tried numerous codes and was unsuccessful.

• Replies 5
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you explain a little more about what you cannot achieve?

The Foster template is part of the Brine family and so can already do many of these things. For example the rearrangement you describe is the standard behaviour when switching between small and large viewports.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

I am trying to create a css code that will allow the image gallery on each individual product page to be displayed as a carousel. The first image should be loaded with previous and next arrow controls on the photo. When the customer clicks the previous or next arrow, the loaded image should slide to the left or right and the next or previous image should be revealed.  I've attached a video of what I am trying to achieve for my product gallery. Thank you btw for helping me. 

This isn't something you can achieve with CSS.

This extension may be what you need: Product Image Slideshow.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2019 at 5:06 PM, paul2009 said:

This isn't something you can achieve with CSS.

This extension may be what you need: Product Image Slideshow.

I am having this problem and found your post. Thanks very much.
A question, I see this extension is not displayed in the extension list, how to see all extensions on your site?

Thank again.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Thanks @tuanphan, good question! It’s a soft launch of a new product so it will be added to the list shortly.

Archived