• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
CristinaArango

Form submission error

I keep getting error emails of mailchimp-squarespace connecting 

You have an unsaved Form Block submission

Your most recent submission to the "Subscribe" form on Cristina Arango didn’t save to your storage method (Mailchimp List). This may be the result of a connection issue between your site and your storage service.

I have follow the troubleshoot and doesn't work 

Please help!

I run into this all the time. I wish Squarespace would give some error text, as opposed to just something went wrong. Would make life a lot easier.

I fix this by disconnecting/reconnecting. Many times it's been caused by us mucking with the mailchimp list, though I'm not sure what exactly we did to the list to cause it. It does seem fragile. Perhaps Squarespace wants us all to move to their email campaigns... 🤔

I have the same issue with the newsletter block connecting to MailChimp, but it is erratic:

1) Some new entries post fine to MailChimp and some fail, for no obvious reason.

2) When I am notified of a failed posting (unsaved form submission) I immediately test entering a fake subscription and it posts to MailChimp fine, so why are some entries failing?

3) I have tried a MailChimp disconnect/reconnect a number of times, no joy.

4) I have opened a case for the issue.

5) Any ideas?

One thing I always do with the newsletter block is to connect multiple storage methods. So I'll have a google sheet and mailchimp connected. This way the google sheet has everything just in case mailchimp connection fails.

I second what @BigJosh says. Also, make sure you've connected your Squarespace site in Mailchimp and added that code to Squarespace. You can find the exact steps here