Cannot add link to text

Hello.. I'm using the Wexley template.. card block.. and it won't let me add a link to the text next to the image.  

I've done this plenty of times and never had this problem. I highlight the text, click the link symbol and normally a little box comes up where I put the link - however nothing is happening when I click the symbol/no box appears. I've tried on Safari and Firefox with no luck + have double-checked that pop-ups aren't being blocked in case that was the problem. 

When I highlight text on a different card (that I set up last month or earlier) the link comes up to edit. 

Is this a temporary problem or am I being a dummy somewhere..? 

Thank you :)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Same problem. I had a chat with Squarespace support more than 3 hours ago and was told:

"Looks like there is an outage that is effecting the links."
"Our team is working on a fix right now"
"This is something that just started to get reports"
"our team is already looking into it and testing"
"I don't have an eta for a fix since they just started, so if it's not working in a couple of hours you can reach back out to us if you don't see a report at https://status.squarespace.com/"

Well, more than 3 hours later, it still doesn't work, chat is closed, and there are no reports or updates about this issue on the status page.

This is not the Squarespace experience I have known.

Edited by DougI

Just sent an email and got this response:

Thanks for following up and I truly appreciate your patience with this process. Our engineers are continuing to work on deploying a fix for this particular issue. 

While we cannot guarantee a timeline of the fix, our engineers are working hard to have a fix up as soon as possible. 

I asked why the issue is not listed on the Squarespace status page.

Is there a backdoor entry into media files like the media section on WP? That would help solve my problem. Everything I have found online says I have to use the link editor, but I can't get into the link editor.

The latest update from tech support via email (just after 10 p.m. ET):

While we're unable to provide an exact ETA, I can confirm that there is a fix is being released shortly. Therefore, we did not post a status or update to this page here. 

@hyttam @kelseypricedesign There is actually a keyboard shortcut for links but it's still not working for me in this instance.  For future reference, however, the link shortcut (on a mac anyway- presumably just swap Command for Control on PC) is Command + K. Unfortunately that doesn't solve all our problems here.  I've tried every link adding way I know, even typing it into a separate Word documenting, adding the link there, then copying it all to the Squarespace post editor... the links just totally disappear.

Same problem here, although was working 5 mins ago and now has stopped working.  Infuriating when you're trying to quickly fix some things at the end of the day.

How does a web host destroy the ability to add web links into pages?

Edited by TTwT