Connect Lightroom to Squarespace?

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi people.  The Moderator Derrick asked what you'd like to do! 

On 3/16/2021 at 6:10 PM, derricksrandomviews said:

There is nothing in that regard as of yet. What you you like that plug in to allow you to do? 

If you want to help improve Squarespace please engage him and tell him and SS the functionality you would want to connect Adobe Lightroom to Squarespace.  Be specific, and help us ouline how SS Galleries would actually link up with lightrooms image and metadata output.   Captions, Titles and Gallery controls are potentially all possible.

From my point of view as a designer / photographer, What would be a great start initially would just be called:

Publish Services: for SquareSpace

In Adobe Lightroom Classic.  This could be as simple as the stored Login credentials for the site (in this case, your SS login,)  and the ability to select where the images upload to.  Plus, necessary selections over image size, compression, naming, Metadata, etc.  to conform to what SS needs.

Here is Flicker: LRc Publish on Flicker (attached)

I would suggest that since Web galleries in LR are HTML table monsters (pretty sure.)  that we should avoid them... and let SquareSpace do what they do best, and manage all Styling and backend after the upload

However, there might a really great opportunity to build a true SquareSpace PLUGIN for Lightroom that would open up really powerful Photo gallery processing from Lightroom and publish it to Squarespace.  I consider both of these companies product (specifically LR here.) best in class in their respective arenas... and they could benefit from connecting in this programatic way.

@derricksrandomviews  : Please contact me when there's some interest in making this real, and I will help outline it's interface more in detail, although finding an internal user of Lightroom Classic would be your first step.

LRc Publish on Flicker.jpg

• 2 months later...

@derricksrandomviews SefPinneyDesign's description and desired outcomes is in line with my needs too.

Some reasons why this would be useful:

• It will save a lot of time not having to export jpgs and then import to Squarespace
  • The publish service is in sync with the destination so if you need to update or modify an image, you can in Lightroom and just republish the affected images
Edited by RemcoHotlooks
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 1/9/2022 at 7:37 AM, r_f_handel said:

I too would like this feature and am considering switching to WIX primarily because of the lack of this feature.

The irony, I am here from Wix looking for an alternative. Hey, the grass is always greener! Looks like squarespace has just lost a wix converter.

Elfsite will integrate Adobe Portfolio with Squarespace, Portfolio imports images from Lightroom. It may not be as great as a direct Lightroom plugin, but some are working with it. I am not an adobe user, I have other programs that I use to add my photos to my site and manage them so you only have my research here to go by. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm an amateur photographer and a longtime Lightroom user.

I have my website set up on SmugMug.

They have a great plugin for Lightroom that allows me to create a smart collection, based on criteria that I specify, and then sync the content with my website. The criteria is based on images that contain a certain tag and have been rated 3 stars or higher. I can configure what size the images are uploaded at to the website and also if they have a watermark.

Sometimes I go back into Lightroom and edit a few images again, all I have to do is select the collection and it will highlight if there are any changes, I click on Publish if there are any.

This would be a win\win for Adobe \ Squarespace.

I'm looking at helping to set up a website for a community group I'm involved with which will have regular photo content updates. I'll be setting it up on Smugmug if there is no Lightroom plugin for SQS.

This is a peer-to-peer forum where Squarespace users help other users. Squarespace doesn’t use this forum to track bug reports, track limitations or accept feature requests. If you'd like to raise this as a feature request, you are encouraged to contact Squarespace directly by raising a ticket through Squarespace Customer Care

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.