• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
studiolinear

Adding Background Image to Primary Navigation

Question

Hey there! 

We are wondering how to go about adding a photo behind the site logo in the primary navigation? Instead of the top portion being white, we are hoping to be able to add a background photo to the desktop version of the site. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 12.37.58 PM.png

6 answers to this question

Yes you can. But first you need to share url to check.

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan. I work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. There are so many questions every day so I can't answer them all at once, I will try to answer them in the next few days.

2 minutes ago, studiolinear said:

Thanks! 

Here is the URL: https://trombone-paddlefish-tj7b.squarespace.com/

pw: cinderwood2019 Thanks! 

.Header-inner--top {
    background-image: url(https://beaverhero.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/trees-3464777_640-min.jpg);
}

image.thumb.png.806790b82d390e2556cd975438704dbb.png

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan. I work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. There are so many questions every day so I can't answer them all at once, I will try to answer them in the next few days.

3 minutes ago, sjschieb said:

@tuanphan Can you explain your process so I can do this on my site? How did you identify "Header-inner--top" and where did you place that code?

Hover on Navigation > Right Click > Click "Inspect Element". If you don't know HTML/CSS, difficult.

If you share link to your site, i can take a look.