Subscriptions - When will the next phase be released?

Hey Squarespace Circle,

I've e-mailed Squarespace many times but haven't gotten an answer this past year. We love our website and the functionality of it, but we are still torn with how subscriptions are run through e-commerce. We are not fans of shopify, we don't like the functionality, but 2020 may have us switch.

This is what we are looking for: our subscription is a special order, so we can't ship them the minute they are ordered. As a solution for now, we will keep them in our shipping queue until it's time to ship. We only ship them monthly, because our business is in specialty coffee, so we have to make sure we order the correct amount of green coffee in order to roast for our subscribers. They get special roasts that are not offered in our daily offerings. What we would like to see in the future is the ability to change our subscribers billing date.

The other thing, will subscribers show up in our stripe account under the subscription panel?

A huge win for us would be if we could set a date/time for when our subscribers could get billed for their subscription (not the day they sign up). That way we wouldn't miss a subscription shipment. This is our number one priority right now.

If anyone from Squarespace or the community has heard of anything like this coming soon, please let me know!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 5
  • Views 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just adding our voice here, we would love to see many more features added to product subscriptions!

We run a snack delivery service and as we’re growing we’re beginning to feel the lack of even the most basic features. The following features would be useful: 

Ability for customers to pause/take a break from a subscribed product. The only option we have now is for the customer to cancel. 

Ability for customers to choose and amend the frequency of their deliveries. The store only provides fixed delivery frequency and it is not adjustable on the product page.

Ability for the store owner to adjust and amend customers subscriptions on their behalf. 

On the product page I would like to have the option to purchase a product as a one time purchase, or as a subscription. Currently a product needs to be listed twice within a shop, once for a one time purchase and again for subscription purchase.

We absolutely love SquareSpace but if they could please provide us with some information on what they are doing - if anything - to improve the product subscription platform that would be great.

On 4/15/2020 at 4:00 PM, alexswann said:

On the product page I would like to have the option to purchase a product as a one time purchase, or as a subscription. Currently a product needs to be listed twice within a shop, once for a one time purchase and again for subscription purchase.

I've created a plugin that will allow you do to this. It will present the user with the option for a one time purchase or to subscribe & save.

https://thompsonweb.design/squarespace-plugins-extensions/subscribe-and-save-plugin-squarespace

Oh boy, I'm currently trying to get SquareSpace to consider more discount features (multibuys etc) but we are also looking at starting a subscription service for a product line we have coming and reading this doesn't fill me with confidence.

I already knew about the limitations regarding needing separate product pages for subscriptions and one time purchases (or even different subscriptions 1, 3 or 6 monthly) but I hadn't even thought about the limitation around subscription dates. We very much want to send out our products once per month to all subscribers but having come across this thread can see that this is unlikely to be possible. Would a way around it be to have a disclaimer on the product page to say that all subscriptions are sent at the same time each month? 

Do hope that SquareSpace really do look into expanding the commerce platforms further because I'm only really getting the standard "we submitted your request to the new features" team type response. It has us looking at the alternatives too...

Archived