7.1 How to access FTP? I'm on basic plan and want to upload packaged website files

I have several html prototypes that I'd like to host on squarespace. They are packaged websites so I cannot simply upload them using the page editor. I'm assuming I can ftp the files like a normal website storage.

The problem is I see tutorials saying navigate to Settings -> Advanced -> Developer Mode to access ftp.  However, there is no developer mode option I can see in 7.1? 

Am I able to connect to ftp, and what's an example of the credentials I would enter? Or is there something with my plan or squarespace in general I'm missing?

Thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn’t something you can do on 7.1. FTP requires Developer Mode and this isn’t available on this version. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

I think there is no developer mode because everything is already there in 7.1 to pretty much build the website how you want. However, I am pretty sure they will allow developer access once they are officially out of beta. 

Founder & Creative Director  of: 

Hey Beauti Magazine & Jealous Weekends

• Personal Instagram: Nicola Styles
  • Hey Beauti Magazine Instagram: HBM
  • Jealous Weekends Instagram: JW
5 hours ago, JealousWeekends said:

I think there is no developer mode because everything is already there in 7.1 to pretty much build the website how you want.

Developer mode is not missing because the new platform is more powerful, it is because 7.1 is the just first iteration of the new platform. It doesn't include all features. I expect that some sort of developer mode will exist in a future version of 7.x but it is likely to be some time before this arrives. If you need the power that developer mode offers, then 7.0 is the 'go to' solution, and will be for some time to come. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived